Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't posted for awhile, but I wanted to share this story with you all. As you may know, I have been making regular visits to Animal Specialty Group with Lola since November when she was diagnosed with GME. Our very special friends Kim and Nissa made some adorable vests for Lola to wear to her doctor visits. Well, let me tell you these vests have become the talk of the practice! So, at a recent visit I was approached by one of the residents about making some vests for some puppies that were residing at the hosptial until they can be adopted. On Christmas eve their mother was brought in after being caught in a home fire. She was placed in oxygen and started to have contractions. As she was supported through the night she gave birth to four fabulous little puppies that are combination of Maltese, Yorkie, chihuahua and dachshund. Three boys and 1 girl.

So I contacted Kim and she was happy to oblige! Well, I had a visit to ASG today and got to see some of the puppies. I wanted share the pictures with you all. And I want to give a very speical "Thank You!!":ThankYou:to Kim. As always her work was impeccable! She has actually made all of the vests reversable! So... here are the vests and the babies!!! (Oh, and the puppies have all been adopted....by the vet residents!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Pam - Thanks so much for putting a smile on my face at the end of tonight.:thmbup: I don't know what's cuter -- the vests that Kim made or those adorable pups. Boy are they little lookers. And miracles is making it into this world. I remember when Kim made Lola's adorable vest and what a kick the vets got out of it. This really is a very sweet story.:wub::wub:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
That is a sweet story and those are adorable pups! I'm so glad they were all adopted and I'm sure each one has a great home now. I love the vests and I'll bet those were a big hit!! Kim is a sweetheart and does amazing work. I wish I had her ability!
We need more feel good stories like this one. Thanks for sharing.
Special hugs sent to Lola and we hope she's doing well.
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a sweet story and those are adorable pups! I'm so glad they were all adopted and I'm sure each one has a great home now. I love the vests and I'll bet those were a big hit!! Kim is a sweetheart and does amazing work. I wish I had her ability!
We need more feel good stories like this one. Thanks for sharing.
Special hugs sent to Lola and we hope she's doing well.
:grouphug:
Yes, the vests were a huge hit the all the staff at ASG! And Lola is doing well right now! We are hoping to get her off the prednisone soon. That will be a huge hurdle for her. She has really added weight since all of this started. But she is still spunky, now that all the neuro stuff is controled. Thanks for all the good wishes we get. :wub:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
What a wonderful story, and kind of Kim to make those vests. I'm sure it was Kim's vests that got those darling puppies good homes so quickly. I hope Lola continues to do well.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Pam thank you for sharing such a sweet story. Honestly I don't know how Kim keeps up with everything. She and Nissa are a wonderful part of our maltese family. Great job Kim!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
aaaahhhh Pam, it was so much fun to make those vests for such cute little fluffs. They were the tiniest vests I've ever made. I'm just so happy those puppies have a happy ending in their lives. You have a heart of gold to see when a special baby would benefit from something special. xoxoxo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.