Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I got a Maltese I was told they DO NOT shed. Well, every time I wear something black I can see all of Kodie's hair all over me. :eek: Is that normal?? When I first got him he didnt shed really at all but now he does... What could be the problem?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
is it like a lot of hair? is it after you brush him? cuz i know that when i brush sprite and ellie, hair comes out. is kodie getting any bald spots? i wouldnt totally worry about few stray hairs. but if it looks like shedding like a german shep, i'd talk to a vet or the breeder.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy seems to leave hair on me too.. I wouldn't go as far as to say he sheds because besides the loose hairs he leaves on my clothes when I pick him up, he doesn't leave hair on our furniture or the carpet
I think I might not be brushing Tuffy enough to get all the dead hair off of him.

·
Registered
939 Posts
These guys loose hair just like we do and just like us, hair grows in cycles and at times they will loose more than other times.

If you are seeing alot of it his hair may be to dry and breaking off.... or

I know there are many things that can cause hair loss such as mites, hookworms etc.... so if you think Kodie has a problem you may want to go to the vet. Weight loss, blad spots and itching can all be signs that something is wrong

Judi

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope, no bald spots! I just washed him last night and today he doesnt seem to be shedding as much.. before I washed him he was shedding a lot. Is it possible that i'm not brushing him enough and that could be a cause???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts