Discussion Starter #1
Allo All I am sooo please to join this site

I have finally got myself a Maltese little girl of 5 months
, named Sheila
who was been discarted at humane society :
and love her to pieces
. She is soo beautiful and loving.
I have her for only 10 days now
She has nasty stains unde her eyes and I have pruchased the milk of magnesia as well as hydrogen piroxide 20 volumes and cornstarch to remove the stains but I don't know the ratio for the mix can anyone tell me how to mix it... :eek: I am affraid the mixture will hurt her eyes as she rub her eyes with her paws.
I have also been told that it is better to put it on at night and wash it off in the morning as it will work better over night. so that is all I know about it.
Anything you can tell me will be very helpfull and anything else as well for sure.
Thank you all
looking forward to hearing from you.
Silver&Sheila

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Warm Welcomes, Silverstardust. I use to use that mixture all the time. I use 1 part magnesium, 1 part peroxide, and enough cornstarch to get it how thick you want it. It probably dries quicker if you put more cornstarch.

Wait...you're going to use 20 volume of Hydrogen peroxide? Isn't that 10% hydrogen peroxide? I use the the 3% hydrogen peroxide. Isn't what you're using for dying human hair?
You might want to dilute the peroxide with water if you're using 20 volume. Their hair is alot more sensitive than ours. Hopefully, more people who are better informed will answer your question!
Anyway, I'd bath my babies after I use this mixture. That way I can use conditioner on it afterwards. I don't use this mixture much anymore because I do a pretty good job cutting away hair around their eyes.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
If not...Oops :lol:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
HI!!! *brokermonkey here* im glad you found this site!! i just emailed you to go on here. lol.
what also helps with the staining--is to cut the hair really close to the eyes and to keep that area dry.
wipe and wash it everyday with warm water (thats what my mom does). anyway, you'll definitely enjoy this site!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi and welcome to you both.
Be sure to post a picture soon!

Do a search on this site for more on staining. We have had many discussions and I am sure you will find what you are looking for. The staining will decrese now that she is in your loving care and with each bath the stains will fade. Do not use human hair peroxide on your puppy! Use diluted 3%. You can also use whitening shampoo, but be patient as those stains will fade.

Judi

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HELLO! I went to the FAQ section and it tells you about the tear staining remedy. It actually says to use volume 20. I still think you shouldnt use it. I have black hair and when I dyed it a reddish color, I use Volume 20 and you can see the red very well. Just giving you an idea how strong it is!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Sep 7 2004, 02:41 AM
Warm Welcomes, Silverstardust.  I use to use that mixture all the time.  I use 1 part magnesium, 1 part peroxide, and enough cornstarch to get it how thick you want it.  It probably dries quicker if you put more cornstarch. 

Wait...you're going to use 20 volume of Hydrogen peroxide? Isn't that 10% hydrogen peroxide?  I use the the 3% hydrogen peroxide.  Isn't what you're using for dying human hair? 
  You might want to dilute the peroxide with water if you're using 20 volume.  Their hair is alot more sensitive than ours.  Hopefully, more people who are better informed will answer your question! 
  Anyway, I'd bath my babies after I use this mixture.  That way I can use conditioner on it afterwards.  I don't use this mixture much anymore because I do a pretty good job cutting away hair around their eyes.   

Anyway, I hope this helps.
If not...Oops  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8454
[/QUOTE]
Allo Thank you for your response.
I sure hope I am doing this right.
I had trouble re-entering the site but got it straithen out now. :wacko: yes it is 20 volume and I did get the info from the site at the Q&A home page. But they did not give much more on how to mix the whole thing. I so appreciate all response from every one and all the welcoming lines. I feel quite at home already. ^_^

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to spoiledmaltese.com
I will have to check the FAQ section and consider changing that info although it is an exerpt from a Maltese book the real world recommendations you will find from other owners is also the one I would trust

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome to the site, to both you and your puppy! You have earnt my respect already for "picking up the pieces" and taking on a puppy who needs a better life! I'm positive that with the help of everyone on this site, you and Sheila will do just fine!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts