Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!! I have been going back and forth for weeks now on which one of these carriers to get ... and I cannot decide. I'm driving myself crazy! :blush:

When flying, DH will most likely be carrying Poppy in it the most ... so I like the Sherpa backpack the best for that. It is black, can be carried over the shoulder or as a back pack, and those features will work great for hubby.

But, so many of you have said you prefer the SturdiBag over the Sherpa, and I like that color choices that we can get the SturdiBag in.

So, can you guys all please chime in and help me decide!! :wub:

Thanks bunches! Jules

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I really think it is personal preference, and I'm probably of no help here.

I have both bags. Nikki preferred being in the Sherpa, so I returned the Sturdibag.

Then I got Keiko, so I purchased a second Sherpa backpack bag, then I bought the Sturdibag (divided) - for one person flying with both dogs. If I didn't get Keiko, we would have stuck with the Sherpa backpack for everything because Nikki liked it better.

I think that both are fine travel bags. I plan to use the Sherpa backpacks mostly for day trips and hiking. I haven't used the Sturdibag for flying yet.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I might suggest ordering both and seeing which one Poppy likes better (assuming they are returnable). I think for things like bags, it really comes down to what your malt prefers to travel in because they need to be comfortable to be quiet. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might suggest ordering both and seeing which one Poppy likes better (assuming they are returnable). I think for things like bags, it really comes down to what your malt prefers to travel in because they need to be comfortable to be quiet. :)
My neighbor has the Sherpa carrier, and she brought it over ... Poppy jumped right in, which he has never done with the carriers I have here.

I just question it, because so many people on here said they preferred the Sturdibag.

I will make a decision, I will make a decision, I will ... LOL

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Julz - I think a lot of people like the sturdi bag because it is very flexible and can be squished a little under the seat and still leave a lot of room for the fluff. I also know that you can carry two pups in it and not just one which a lot of show people like. If Poppy jumped in the bag and the backpack is something you are really interested in then I would say you have your answer. If, down the road, you find that he isn't really interested or if you are able to pick up a sturdibag at a discounted rate, you can always do that as an alternative. Just food for thought!

ETA: I don't have either bag and don't have too much first hand experience with either bag.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ETA: I don't have either bag and don't have too much first hand experience with either bag.
I order a lot of things online, but I wish like heck these two items could be found locally ... so I could touch them, etc.

I think I'm leaning towards the Sherpa back pack more and more.

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I order a lot of things online, but I wish like heck these two items could be found locally ... so I could touch them, etc.

I think I'm leaning towards the Sherpa back pack more and more.

HUGz! Jules

I wasn't able to find them locally here either - but we don't have many doggie boutiques either. I'm assuming you don't either :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't able to find them locally here either - but we don't have many doggie boutiques either. I'm assuming you don't either :)
I only know of 2 boutiques and they don't carry the Sherpa carriers, much less the SturdiBags. :blush:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
My neighbor has the Sherpa carrier, and she brought it over ... Poppy jumped right in, which he has never done with the carriers I have here.

I just question it, because so many people on here said they preferred the Sturdibag.

I will make a decision, I will make a decision, I will ... LOL

HUGz! Jules

What I did was buy the Sturdibag from Petco.com Even though they didn't have all the colors, I was able to return it to the local Petco store instead of having to ship it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts