Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She should be about 6, maybe 7 lbs. I wonder if the different food we give our babies makes a differents? oh well. My babies have stablized at 11 mos. You have only a few months to go.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
they reach 75% of their weight at 6mo. so she prob wont grow much at all. a fraction of a pound if that. she can really only grow wider now

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LadyM--not my baby! hehe. Now that I think about it, Cloud was spayed at 8 mos, and he gained over 1 lb after that. BUT, he's been flucuating a lil bit.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
but did he grow in size or did he put on fat?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah! He got fatter. HAHAHAHAHHA It is too friggin early for me. I'm not a morning person.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i actually need parker to put on some weight...i can feel his ribs too easily. parker is a 3.5 on the bcs chart:
supposed to be a 5

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
here is a description....5.5 is good....i'd rather parker to be a 5.5 then underweight
1. EMACIATED
Ribs, lumbar vertebrae, pelvic bones and all bony prominences evident from a distance. No discernible body fat. Obvious loss of muscle mass.

2. VERY THIN
Ribs, lumbar vertebrae, pelvic bones and all bony prominences easily visible. No palpable fat. Minimal loss of muscle mass.

3. THIN
Ribs easily palpitated and may be visible with no palpable fat. Tops of lumbar vertebrae visible. Pelvic bones becoming prominent. Obvious waist and abdominal tuck.

4. UNDERWEIGHT
Ribs easily palpable, with minimal fat covering. Waist easily noted, viewed from above. Abdomen tucked up when viewed from the side.

5. IDEAL
Ribs palpable without excess fat covering. Waist observed behind ribs when viewed from above. Abdominal tuck evident.

6. OVERWEIGHT
Ribs palpable with slight excess fat covering. Waist is discernible viewed from above but is not prominent. Abdominal tuck apparent.

7. HEAVY
Ribs palpable with difficulty, heavy fat cover. Noticeable fat deposits over lumbar area and base of tail. Waist absent or barely visible. Abdominal tuck may be absent.

8. OBESE
Ribs not palpable under very heavy fat cover, or palpable only with significant pressure. Heavy fat deposits over lumbar area and base of tail. Waist absent. No abdominal tuck. Obvious abdominal distension may be present.

9. GROSSLY OBESE
Massive fat deposits over thorax, spine and base of tail. Waist and abdominal tuck absent. Fat deposits on neck and limbs. Obvious abdominal distension.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 21 2004, 12:15 PM
5.5 is good....i'd rather parker to be a 5.5 then underweight
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17576
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I worry because Cloud's got grade 4 knees. I think I talked about how much he worries me in another thread. I think I added a few yrs of age since I got my babies *sighs*.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie is just tooo small.. i dont know if he has tiny bones or under weight! The vets tell me hes just small bone dont worry... But hes as tiny as a little chiawaua (how do u spell that??! haha)

What Celltei bag are you looking into buying???? it should give you a weight on the bag... I have the xsmall front back pack one... so dont buy xsmall!! Your baby will be too big for that.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Well when you pick the style i can help with size! I saw the bags in person! I choose the bag that will be MOST Covenant!! The front back pack will be wonderful when I take him to NYC for the day... I will have my hands free and it wont hurt my shoulder with a bag on only one shoulder!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 21 2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the warning on the XS size.  That really helps!  I am so nervous about getting the wrong size!  Really, what I need is for them to put a dog that is Cookie's exact size into each size of every bag and then email me the pictures so I know how she'd fit.  :D  Doubt that they'd be willing to do that though.  hahahaha

I totally can't make up my mind.  There are so many cute ones.  I can't decide if I should get what I imagine is my "style", what I think looks cute on the screen, or what I think fits her "style". 
  This is difficult!  It'd be better if they didn't have such a variety!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17685
[/QUOTE]

If you do get a bag and it is too small they will let you exchange it. I bought the XS active tote-o-pet and when I got it I realized it would be way too small when she was full grown. I called them and they had me send it back to them. They charged me for the difference between the SM and XS and then sent me the small.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Nov 22 2004, 08:43 AM
Well when you pick the style i can help with size!  I saw the bags in person!  I choose the bag that will be MOST Covenant!!  The front back pack will be wonderful when I take him to NYC for the day... I will have my hands free and it wont hurt my shoulder with a bag on only one shoulder!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17779
[/QUOTE]

For me I wanted a bag that looked like a large purse. I wanted to sneek Lexi into places. The tote-o-pet is perfect most people don't even realize there is a dog in it until Lexi makes a noise. Even then a lot of them don't realize she's in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts