Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we had a LOT of fireworks going off, many very close by and very loud. These used to really freak Naddie out and I do mean freak! She'd run to and fro, panting, whining etc. Nothing would 'settle her till they were over.
There were a few the night before and she did act a bit concerned at first with those, but not terrible. Last night they were closer and louder but she was even better!
I got some video of her reaction last night but couldn't post so have to settle for a couple of still shots.

This is her in her bed when things were 'quiet'

This is her reaction when there was a BANG! .... Just a raising of her head, ( though at times she'd turn her head to look toward me..but that's it. She'd put her head back down. I didn't even see any trembling! woo-hoo! ...You've come a long way baby-girl!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Way to go Naddie!!:chili::chili::chili: What a relief for you Terry. It's awful to see our babies upset like that and not be able to reassure & calm them. I'm so happy for both of you.:wub:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Awwwww, so cute. Here our fireworks were not that great and not very loud. At our community park where they were held there were a lot of people there with Maltese. I was very suprised and thought it would be awful for them. Maybe because of the economy, there wasn't any loud big ones and Rocky would have been fine I think. Left him home in his crate with music on. Naddie you are too cute!!

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
:aktion033:Naddie:aktion033: we had lots of fireworks in our neighborhood last night:blink: fire trucks going up and down our street:unsure: the girls weren't bothered by them, but Divit was so excited and stressed so I know how Miss Naddie use to be.
I'm so glad Naddie just relaxed

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Good job Naddie!! We had lot's of fireworks last night but my guy's did not seem concerned.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
That wonderful!
We had a lot of fire works close to us but the girls didn't seem to mind at all. I'm so thankful they aren't afraid of the loud noises or storms.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Happy to hear and see Naddie's doing so much better. We left Tyler at home when we went to the mountain to see the fireworks. I was stunned to see people bring dogs to the fireworks. There were tons of people and all that noise and light. Why not leave them at home? I think it was selfish. It's one thing if the fireworks are in your neighborhood and you really can't get away from them; quite another to drive to a place and bring your pet. Kind of the same thing with babies too (although you can't leave them home alone) but why scare them? I don't get it. JMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts