Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belle hasnt been a finicky eater at all since Ive brought her home. Well, last night she kinda picked at her food, and I didnt think much of it. Then, this morning when I tried to feed her, she nibbled a little, but drank a lot of water. Then a couple minutes later she puked a little. Is this something I should be worried about? Or could she just have drank the water too fast? Should I give her some Nutrical since she hasnt ate much for the last two meals?
She is acting fine... doin the bunny hop like she always does. Im just worried about this sudden no eating kick....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I would definately give your vet a call as soon as the office opens. Belle's still so young and this breed is vulnerable for the first few weeks after you bring them home. I can't recall how old she was when you brought her home, but the separation from her mom and littermates is very stressful and they can even get sick from it.

Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the vet, and they said just to watch her behavior today. (Playing and eating, etc) I think she just wasnt hungry this morning, and drank her water too fast, because she has been fine all day, and actually just went in the kitchen and sat by her placemat. I usually dont feed her this late, (its 1000) but Im gonna let her eat a little cuz Im sure the little girl is hungry. And, its only a couple hours off from her normal dinner time.
I did give her a little Nutical this morning, by the way. (She loves the stuff
) The vet said it wasnt necessary, but I wanted to be on the safe side.
Thanks everybody!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by treasures_cherished@May 10 2005, 10:08 PM
I called the vet, and they said just to watch her behavior today. (Playing and eating, etc) I think she just wasnt hungry this morning, and drank her water too fast, because she has been fine all day, and actually just went in the kitchen and sat by her placemat. I usually dont feed her this late, (its 1000) but Im gonna let her eat a little cuz Im sure the little girl is hungry. And, its only a couple hours off from her normal dinner time.
I did give her a little Nutical this morning, by the way. (She loves the stuff 
) The vet said it wasnt necessary, but I wanted to be on the safe side.
Thanks everybody!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61486
[/QUOTE]
At her age I would not worry about over feeding... if she ever appears to be hungry go ahead and feed her... you did the right thing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts