Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just wanted to share. For the past week Lacey has been barking like crazy when it is dark outside. She sits on top of the couch, looks out the window and barks like crazy. We couldn't figure out what she was barking at. Husband and I would go outside with her and show her nothing was there. Last night my husband finally figured it out. Lacey would see the lightening bugs light up and she goes nuts, like she is a guard dog protecting her home and family. It is really funny to watch her. A bug lights up, she barks and then the bug is gone. She doesn't know what to make of it. I think she thinks she is protecting us. She barks and the light goes away.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL!! at least you figured it out. almost every night ellie will run into the living room and start barking like crazy.

we close all the blinds and windows. she's a freak. i was thinking that maybe she was barking at the turtle..but i dont hear it making that much noise in her tank.

and one night, gruffi was crying to go outside, we let him out, and he got skunked. it was soo nasty. its already been over a month...so the smell is gone. lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
How funny! When I was new to the East Coast, I had no idea what lightning bugs were. Drove up my long dark driveway as I was moving in late one night, and saw these glowing "eyes". I hightailed it out of there--my husband laughed his b**t off when I called to tell him we just bought the Amityville Horror! Where's a Maltese protection dog when you need them?
Quincymom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.