Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MmMmMk... my breeder isn't answering her phone.. i've been trying to call her for the past couple of weeks... i donno if shes on vacation or what.. but my b-days in 11 days!!! and i need to talk to her to see if she has a female for me... what do i do!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no.. i haven't put a down payment.. thank god.. and yes lucy i've talked to her before and she said she would call me in may... she didnt... so i've been trying to call her... last time i talked to her.. i think liek the middle of last month her female was about to have a litter... so she prolly already had it.. and the pups are almost ready to go home?..i think that was all of u're questions

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If she whelped in Mid April the pups are only 4 weeks old! You've got 8 weeks left to go before the pups are properly weaned and socialized anyway. But I do wonder where the breeder could be with 4 week old pups if she is not answering her phone. Surely she can't be on vacation?!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Some people screen all calls... I hate when my phone rings and usually don't interrupt what I'm doing to answer it. I call back when it is convenient for me. She may have sold all the puppies and just not have time to talk...

Since you are so young, she may not take you seriously and not know if your parents approve of a pup, etc. I would have one of your parents call. After all, you are too young to sign a purchase contract (including spay/neuter agreement), which most all reputable breeders require, so her main contact in a purchase such as this really should really be with your parents.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It could be that there are no live puppies or nothing that is a good fit for you. Breeders get so many inquires that unless you really get to know them or put down a deposit...she may have forgotten about you

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy+May 10 2005, 08:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@May 10 2005, 06:40 PM
all reputable breeders require
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61453
i think puppyluv told us once that her breeder was a byb?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61461
[/B][/QUOTE]

For some reason I didn't realize she had decided on her for sure.... but didn't she say she had a friend who bought three dogs from this breeder? Maybe the friend should call the breeder.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
She probably will call you in May-it's only the 11th!! there's a few weeks left to May.
A little advice-when people call me insessantly, it turned me off, and made me think that there was other issues besides wanting a puppy.

Don;t be impatient-you'll get a puppy, when it's the right age and the right puppy!

You don;t need to have the puppy come home on your birthday, do you?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
A lot could have happened since you last spoke to her. The female might not have gotten pregnant or there could have been complications. Maltese breeding is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced. There is a high percentage of c-sections. If she is a BYB and not knowledgable, it is possible the puppies didn't survive, etc.

Most reputable breeders have a waiting list and you must get your name on a list and be patient. And remember, a good breeder will not let a puppy go until she is 12 weeks old. You don't want to get one any younger. Not only will there be health risks, your puppy will not get valuable lessons from her mom about behavior, socialization and bite inhibition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts