Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'd really like to make Harley a Hawaiian print shirt - A proper shirt with buttons, sleeves & a collar, but I am having a really hard time finding a pattern.

I went to the fabric store today & they had all sorts of patterns - but only for t-shirt or coat or sweater types, none for the proper shirt. I've also searched online but can't seem to find anything.

Has anyone ever made one of these shirts & have a pattern they could share? Or even if you have one of these shirts & are able to share the measurements?

Thanks All!
Jacqui & Harley.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
If you're pretty good at sewing, you could always make a pattern from a shirt. Maybe buy a shirt, use it as a pattern and then return it.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
or maybe even a doll pattern...depending on how big he is

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, all great suggestions & I've taken a little bit of each idea & combined it! LOL

I got his 'sailor suit' costume which doesn't have sleeves & one of his sweaters, which does has sleeves & have created a pattern of my own. I'm half-way there but just having a bit of trouble with the collar & sleeves - I think I was a little over-ambitious as my sewing skills aren't the best! I also went & got a skin baby shirt today so I'll try & make a pattern from that - it will need adjusting though as it doesn't quite sit on his 'shoulders' quite right & it's also a bit long.

I'll post some pictures if I'm successful! Will also share a pattern - if I can figure one out!! hahah! :D

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! This is the pattern I got - if anyone can figure out how I can scan it or measure it or do whatever to share it, please let me know, I'd be happy to share it with you ...... If only I knew how!!

It's pattern number M4686

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, good news - I didn't find a pattern, but even better - I found him the perfect summer hawaiian shirt!

He didn't even let me take the price tag off - he wanted to try it on right away!

Also, he got an eye infection a little while ago & the vet said it might have been caused by a car trip - he doesn't stick his head out the window because he can't reach - I make sure his seat-belt wont let him! - but he sticks his head into the breeze whenever he can - so the vet said he may have picked up the infection that way. Hence the new 'eye-wear' lol!

Thanks everyone for your responses & suggestions regarding the shirt!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi,

Last year I was looking for a t-shirt pattern to make some cute shirts for Macy, but i had no luck either.[/B]
There is a new pattern out by simplicity with t shirts. It looks pretty simple too!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just to let you know, I just made my first t shirt with that pattern. It turned out super cute and it was very easy![/B]
I wen't out and bought the pattern. I'm a begginer sewer do you think I will be able to do it. I haven't sewed since i took a course in high school.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Just to let you know, I just made my first t shirt with that pattern. It turned out super cute and it was very easy![/B]
I wen't out and bought the pattern. I'm a begginer sewer do you think I will be able to do it. I haven't sewed since i took a course in high school.
[/B]
The pattern was easy. But knit fabric is never a joy to work with because it is stretchy, but just fiddle with the adjustments on your sewing machine until the stitches look right. You may have to make the shirt a time or two, but it is worth it, it's really cute.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have the McCall's pattern that was posted I have not had the chance to use it since Noel came home but I am hoping after the holidays I can. I got it on a 99 cents sale at Hobby Lobby So if it doesnt work out for me well I wasn't out much lol

I bought this super cute really soft material from walmart that is all curly and eyelashy I want to make a shirt out of but we shall see lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts