Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i just got a maltese. he is 12 weeks old. he keeps on shivering. the breeder i got him from told me that if he keeps on shivering then i should give him something packed with sugar. i tried honey, karo syrup, and maple syrup. but it dosen't work. he also keeps oon sneezing. could he have low blood sugar? or is he just cold, or have gotten one? please answer back.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Have you had your little one examined by a vet? If not you need to do this ASAP! Shivering could be a number of things from a chill to "white dog shaker disease". Please call and make an appointment to have him checked out. I would also be concerned about the breeders response.

Judi

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i agree get your puppy checked out. right after i got my puppy i took him straight to the vet for a wellness check , incase something was seriously wrong i wouldnt be too attatched yet. i hope all is well, give us an update.

·
Registered
54 Posts
although my Bonnie is in season Benji too started shiviring sice he got back from the vets for no reason and he cries a lot now too two things he never did before
so thanks for that

Here is something else I will ask the vet tomorow to have checked

and he will be neutered too

I assumed it was particular to the breed or toy breed dogs as they do shiver like yorkies do ect

but his started out of the blue and he never did that before soooooo

thanks litlle paws for that input and tiki lady and maxi for your response

Paula Bonnie and Benji

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have 2 maltese and they also shiver only when they are nervous or very excited i too agree have your vet check your pup.i too was told the small maltese do sometimes have blood sugar problems when very stressed and i always put a little karo syrup in there water,when i first got my puppies at seperate times they shivered alot then once they were comfortable they were fine.when i took them both to the vet they shivered he didnt feel it was there health as he checked them both out very well,clean bill of health.they are great very sensitive.good luck,sweetpea

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi. i am taking polaris to the vet today for his vaccines and to get him checked for his sneezing and shivering. i will keep u updated as soon as i get back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took him to the vet and he said that he is fine. the cause of him shivering is that his testes didn't drop yet(i don't see the relation) and for the sneezing he said that is caused by his allergies. so there is nothing to worry about(hopefully)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts