Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..

so who else does this, our girls love going around in shopping carts.. It's actually alot more conveniant than carrying them in their carriers through the store, they have both grown accustom to riding at the front of the cart with their little paws hanging over while we go through the store. (non food stores of course)

We take them to alot of different hardware stores, electronics, and office supply stores, even petco and petsmart (yes we go there too
) everyone pretty much knows us now.

It's funny cuz there is an office depot, and a circuit City next door to each other and when we go to both we stop off half way between and switch carts..

Now whenever we are walking the girls up to a store, they automatically make a B-Line for the carts and jump up and down waiting to get in. If we have them in a carrier on the way to the cart they pretty much jump from the carrier to the cart before we can put them in.

We still keep their carriers in the cart in case Daddy is taking too long at Home Depot or something and they want to curl up, but usually they just ride shotgun with us..

Just thought it was kinda funny.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i used to put the carrier in the front part, but we dont go shopping anymore cuz of gruffi---and when we go ANYWHERE they have to walk(i guess they think that gruffi will find something and they NEED to see it).

check this out

Clean Pet Shpper

I got the Fido Friendly magazine---its awesome.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley rides in the carts in our farm store and petco/petsmart sometimes...once at home depot...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I wish there were more places for me to take Tuffy but a lot of places here frown on allowing dogs inside. Plus Tuffy barks so I'm scared to try to sneak him in... though I did see a little poodle at Hobby Lobby riding in the cart.. the dog even barked once and I was like, whoa, there's a dog in here!! I guess even I had a moment of the "dogs aren't supposed to be in here" mentality too.. and then I thought, if she brought her dog, I'm bringing Tuffy too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have been asked to leave from some supermarkets.. groceries stores....
i had to stay outside while Lulu's dad (Lukas .. my bf) got us the stuff we needed!

i thought it was so rude!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my sister yesterday was telling me that i should work on making a dog-friendly city. i was like "how many billions are you going to give me so that i can make that city"? lol. now that i think of it...i think she meant that i should go around convincing the shops around here to allow dogs. lol. :lol: im a little retarded sometimes.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
My dog trainer to me they are trying to do that where I live (Des Moines, IA). They want to make it more like San Fransico or any of the other dog friendly cities where you can sit in the outside areas at restaurants with your dog. Or take your dog into shops. It will be a few years before that happens though.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Doctor Cathy... I love the "clean pet shopper" .

This is going on my Christmas list for sure!

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i was watching animal planet and they say that in Nantucket--they allow dogs like everywhere. it was really neat. and that the ratio of dogs to people was like 3:1. i really really want to go there. but yeah, i was looking at Fido Friendly---there's A LOT of stuff in san francisco. if you dont like super large crowds(i've been to san francisco like 15 times(my bro went to law school there)) then you should try Monterey Bay and Carmel and stuff. it was really nice and quiet. my sister and i went there one weekend like 5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I totally wish everywhere was more pet friendly

I live in the DFW area and its pretty good out here. I take Brit to Walmart, Target (she has some friends there she reallylikes) pet stores, hardware stores, banks, pretty much everywhere except resturants. I haven't tried that and I don't think I will.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
We only take Puddles to Petsmart. I also put him in the shopping cart, think I do it mostly for his protection. Never know whats around the corner. :D I am a protected Mom, my only child. hehehehe

How do you guys know if you can take you babies in with you? I thought most stores don't allow it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
When I first got Lexi I would put her in the cart (bigger part of it). But I haven't done that since the time we were at the register and I turned away for 30 seconds to pay. Only to turn back and see LExi balanced on her belly ready to do a nose dive off the top of the cart.
She some how managed to climb the side of the cart in 30 seconds. I haven't put her in a cart since.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lexis mom...did you scream?? i would've FREAKED!! sprite jumped out of the expedition one time---she cried and i seriously felt a knot in my stomach.

puddlesmom, you can try the website www.dogfriendly.com or just call up the store and ask if well-behaved dogs are allowed. but if you have him in your bag...then you're pretty safe to take him almost anywhere. i know that Best Buy in san diego told me that it was cool to let well behaved dogs in their store.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The cashier, another employee and I all saw her at the same time. We didn't want to make too much noise, in case we scared her and cased her to fall. We all took off to try and catch her. Luckily I was only 3 feet (at the most) away from her so I got her before she fell. I think this happened when she was around 3 months old (right after I got her) and about 2.5 lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts