Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to go and get x-rays on my knee yesterday to see if there was any damage. It was going to be a 45 minute wait for the x-rays and wasn’t worth me going back to the other side of town (it would have been 15-20 minutes to get over there).

Abby has been on antibiotics because of her gastroenteritis bout last week. For some reason this has given her tear stains! :eek: She has NEVER had them before! Now they are a dark reddish colour!

So I thought I would head over to the pet product shop. It’s the only one in town and I love it there – so much stuff!!! I thought I would get the tear stain remover, have a look around and then head back over…. Yes WELL…. What did I leave there with??

*tear stain remover wipes
*a new colourful coat (it’s starting to get cold here)
*a new hot pink harness(finally out of the guinea pig harness and onto the cat one!
)
*a peanut butter flavoured greenie type chew

And what did I get in a trade off for this?!?!? X-rays and another hospital visit!!! NO FAIR!!!! LOL

Is it just with me, or do you find that you spend more on your puppies than yourself sometimes?!

On another note, the x-rays came back clear of any bone damage – which means it is all ligament damage. That’s good and bad… because surgery has been pretty much ruled out now and bad because I have another FIVE WEEKS off it! GRRRR I’m dying to get back into training and for it to stop hurting – it has already been three weeks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awww!!! I feel so bad for you Sunshine!! My bf has been having knee surgury every 6 months. I think it all started about two years ago. But he's just a big baby so he loves when I have to take care of him! The worst was when he had surgury on his right knee and I had to drive him everywhere. I really hope your knee starts to heal and get stronger soon!!!

Ha!! I know what you mean about how spoiled these little ones are! I swear whenever I go out shopping I forget to buy the ONE thing that I need, but I manage to come home with lots of new doggy stuff!! That's funny about the guinea pig harness. Peanut's first harness was made for ferrets. He's finally in a x-small dog harness.
Take it easy and I hope your knee gets better real soon!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awww. At least you'll be able to train again! I hope you and Abby will get better ASAP!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Apr 14 2005, 09:01 AM
Why do I feel guilty if I buy something for myself, but it's okay and "cute" if I buy something for Tini? Maybe I should just start buying myself dog clothes so I don't feel so bad...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52504
[/QUOTE]
Don't forget to get yourself a chew bone or a squeak toy!!
Ha, these pups don't know how good they have it!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Apr 14 2005, 01:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nataliecmu
@Apr 14 2005, 09:01 AM
Why do I feel guilty if I buy something for myself, but it's okay and "cute" if I buy something for Tini? Maybe I should just start buying myself dog clothes so I don't feel so bad...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52504
Don't forget to get yourself a chew bone or a squeak toy!!
Ha, these pups don't know how good they have it!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52615
[/B][/QUOTE]

I wonder if I chomped on a greenie if I would get as crazy as she does!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by dhodina@Apr 14 2005, 07:01 AM
If youi don't mind me asking what are you in training for?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52499
[/QUOTE]

I train for Sports Acrobatics - it's a form of gymnastics... it involves lifting and throwing partners etc... I'm in a trio... -_- Well I WAS in trio... now we are out for this competitive season
which means we don't get to compete again until this time next year!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Sunshine+Apr 14 2005, 07:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@Apr 14 2005, 07:01 AM
If youi don't mind me asking what are you in training for?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52499
I train for Sports Acrobatics - it's a form of gymnastics... it involves lifting and throwing partners etc... I'm in a trio... -_- Well I WAS in trio... now we are out for this competitive season
which means we don't get to compete again until this time next year!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=52732
[/B][/QUOTE]
That's so cool!!! I'm sure that at next year's competition you guys will kick @ss!!!! Your wellbeing comes first!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks littlepeanut.

We're actually looking at going up to 2 levels at the next competition - so instead of going level 6 trio, we are thinking about going level 7 or 8.... that's sort of a compensation in my eyes...

I just can't wait to get back into things. We've got lots of work to do to do the higher levels but it would be so much more fun. You guys probably aren't all that interested, but basically up until level 7 you have set skills - but once you go higher you get to make them all up yourself and just have to make up a point value. So basically you get to design your own pyramids (although, most of them have been done! LOL).

It's the individual skills - the tumbling - that is going to be the hardest for us - we are all ex-competitive artistic gymnasts. The base in my trio is 20, I'm 22 and our top is 12. The top will get through it ok - but the base and I have to make up for a fair few years out of action (5 years for me!).

Oh well, we have a year to go! And I guess in the scope of things, another 5 weeks won't kill me - I'll still have 47 more weeks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts