Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when I shop for Kodie I seem to mostly buy clothes for him... sweaters, t-shirts, tank tops, jackets... i dont really buy any collars (cause his neck is too tiny), harnesses, or those ceramic cookie/bowls (I use stainless steal bowls). I always look at beds... but I never know which bed Kodie is gonna like... so its hard to buy them. Anyway... I guess my question is... When your shopping what do you ALWAYS check out first? Clothes? What type of items do you never seem to buy your baby? Any shopping experiences are welcome!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am drawn to toys :D I can't seem to go shopping without at least checking them out, but I usually buy something. Lately I have also been checking out grooming supplies since we decided to try and groom him ourselves. I also look at carriers(pocketbook style) even though he doesn't much like being in one. He would rather be carried in my husbands arms
I do look at clothes, and have purchased several things, but Indy runs around the house trying to get what ever I put on him...... OFF
I guess he isn't much of a clothes person, yet anyway, I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I always look at beds, harnesses, bows & barettes, carriers and unique looking apparel. I'm always searching for "boy" clothes because that seems to be a lot harder to find. I also look for harnesses that are step in instead of over the head. I would have a million carriers if they were cheaper than $75, but I tend to look and not buy when it comes to carriers. I never buy treats, food or water bowls, the typical petedge stuff (cause I can just get it directly from petedge for cheaper), really expensive stuff or collars. Oh and one thing I'm *ALWAYS* looking for is stuff for the dogs to chew on.. Tuffy is really picky about what he likes to chew and I'm always searching for something he'll like. I've tried Nylabone Edibles, Nylabone regulars, lambs ears, greenies, rawhides (I know, my bad) but Tuffy either doesn't like them or they make him feel sick. What I'd really love is a non-edible chew that has a really intense flavor like Nylabone Edibles or greenies.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+May 13 2005, 09:18 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mystify79
@May 13 2005, 09:58 AM
What I'd really love is a non-edible chew that has a really intense flavor like Nylabone Edibles or greenies.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62045
Do those new nonedible chew toy from greenies have a flavor to them??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62053
[/B][/QUOTE]
I think they are supposed to be Melon flavored.. Petsmart here has stopped carrying them, I guess they didn't sell well so they didn't order more. I still want to try these so I guess I'll have to buy them online.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@May 13 2005, 09:58 AM
  I never buy treats, food or water bowls, the typical petedge stuff (cause I can just get it directly from petedge for cheaper), really expensive stuff or collars.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62045
[/QUOTE]

I really enjoy buying stuff from them also, the prices are very good. I just can't see paying full price at one of the stores around here when I can get the same thing for so much less from them and I get it the next day! My breeder is the one that gave me the catolog for them when I picked up Indy.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@May 13 2005, 08:58 AM
I would have a million carriers if they were cheaper than $75, <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62045
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you have a Ross's by you or not but they have great pet stuff. Well some do not all I guess the one by me has nothing but the one by my Sister In Law has a HUGE pet section. I don't even have my puppy yet and I have bought to carriers for her. LOL

They are the pursey type ones. I got a solid black one for 12.99 and a pink and black one for 19.99. They are sooooo cute. They might not old up for as long as the spendy ones but figured for the price when it wore out I could just replace it...and I am a matching freak so I can get all colors to match me. LOL

They also had one of those Doggie booster seats that have the storage under them for like 20 bucks also. I wish I had of gotten one of those also heheh. :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love to look at the hoity-toity pet boutiques...not that I can afford the prices!! I usually buy clothing custom made from ebay sellers or DinkyDawg.com just because the two kids I dress (Ally and Deni) are too small for most of the store bought size smalls. Even the xs size is too small for Deni. I look at beds, toys, harness dresses, dresses, and carriers on a regular basis at different places on the web. I love going to the closest Three Dog Bakery (3 1/2 hours away) to look what they have in their non-edible inventory (the furkids ALWAYS get treats from there when I go). I think that I may try to get a Juicy carrier off eBay (if less than $80) or a similar less expensive carrier...I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I also like Petedge for grooming/supplements. Otherwise it's just PetSmart (1 1/2 hrs away)...

I'm actually thinking of opening a little booth at a local craft shop selling doggie items...mostly small dog stuff...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Bella is hard to shop for because all she really wants is food! I have bought her sooooo many toys, but she only plays with four of them. She is really just like her mom, she likes her soap operas and she likes her food
I have bought her a few strange things that my family really made fun of me for, like her pet stairs by the bed, and her car seat. However, Bella uses those two things every single day, so they were well worth the money. The stairs by the bed ensure that I actually get to sleep because she can get in and out of bed by herself, and the car seat keeps her from driving the car

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
What catches my eye is PINK
Am always on the lookout for pink anything. especially toys... I have finally stopped buying clothes though. We have the necessities but thats it. Raincoat, sweater, hoodie, bath robe (a must, haha) and boots. Its too hard with the hair to leave them in clothes so I just use them for winter and whatever. They are so fun to look at though

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hmm for me it's shirts. She has way too much stuff. Since Florida is so brutally hot in the summer - we switch to bandanas and have quite a collection. She has barrettes to match everything

I will further embarrass myself by actually posting photos
so you can see the madness.

Here's her dresser with a hanging rack over it...

Her grooming table with a shelf of doo-dads for grooming

In today's shirt

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by CandicePK@May 13 2005, 01:27 PM
Hmm for me it's shirts.  She has way too much stuff.  Since Florida is so brutally hot in the summer - we switch to bandanas and have quite a collection.  She has barrettes to match everything

I will further embarrass myself by actually posting photos 
so you can see the madness.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62119
[/QUOTE]

Wow.... that's the nicest set up I've seen.... love the little clothes hanger bar and the grooming table..... very snazzy!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
CandicePK:

WOW!!! What a great set-up!!!!

I like that small grooming table too...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm a sucker for anything pink! Then come the toys. My girls have way too many toys. Its like an addiction. I just can't help myself.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Ok,now the truth will come out
I NEVER go somewhere without my babies that I dont come home with something for them NEVER

They are spoiled rottened,all three of them.Anything from clothes,toys,treats you name it ,they get it!!! In any store Im in the first place I look is the pet section,if they dont have one I go to a store that does or the petstore.Im bad

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Well, so far pink has been mentioned a million times, but I need blue for my boys!! I was just at Target recently checking out all the new pet stuff that people here mentioned and they only had one baby blue collar (that was long enough to be a belt) and one baby blue picture frame...
My boys are soooo left out!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts