Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get concerned......Bailey did not poop yesterday and did not poop today. She is eating normal and acting normal am I over reacting???

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Hi Becky,

Maybe you could give her a teaspoon of canned, pure pumpkin. Pumpkin has a lot of fiber in it, and has always worked for me when my fluffs aren't regular.

I hope that she has better luck tomorrow.

Allie

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
we use pumpkin as well

you can also use food processed green beans as well as they are high in fiber

is there any reason why no stool? recent fasting, anesthesia, pain med?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ladies I will try the pumkin tommorrow is there a certain brand I should use...Bailey has not changed her routine and is not on any meds so not sure why this problem has started. My other half thinks I am being paranoid. I told him I am just a concerned mommy

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Thanks ladies I will try the pumkin tommorrow is there a certain brand I should use...Bailey has not changed her routine and is not on any meds so not sure why this problem has started. My other half thinks I am being paranoid. I told him I am just a concerned mommy
well i would be a little concerned as mine eat in morning and at night and poop twice a day so if you are noticing something then I would trust it :) It is that women's intuition thing. The only time mine have not pooped is when taking pain meds and coming out of anesthesia for dental otherwise regular.

Try the pumpkin first. I use organic canned pumpkin from whole foods. I have found it also at cost plus world market the same kind

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Rocky goes once a day, but sometimes he gets a little shy in our yard and hides behind a bush. So I don't always see, but I think he's skipped a day here and there once in a while. He only eats 1/4-1/2 a cup a day of dry kibble and sometimes I put a little of our chicken mixed in with it. He loves zucchinni with it too. I think I'll try some pumpkin too because once in a while I see him pushing a long time. It's good to know! I hope Bailey is ok. I don't think you are being paranoid, I think you are being a good mom.:aktion033:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Agree about trying the pumpkin ( the unflavored kind) . It usually works quite quickly so if no results then I'd contact the vet. Also... does she drink a good amount of water? Sometimes lack of water consumption is a cause for constipation.
Did you check around her rectum to see if anal glands are swollen. If they 'hurt' sometimes they cause the pooch to 'hold-back' a bit from pooping.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE I took bailey for a walk early this morning and she finally pooped I think she was ready she did not even care that it was misty and wet.....what a relief

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
:chili::chili:Let's celebrate that poop!!!

(We've got to be the weirdest group of friends. Who would have thought any of us would celebrate poopies? But we do -- and we all understand it. :thumbsup::HistericalSmiley:)

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
:chili::chili:Let's celebrate that poop!!!

(We've got to be the weirdest group of friends. Who would have thought any of us would celebrate poopies? But we do -- and we all understand it. :thumbsup::HistericalSmiley:)
Ya, I was just thinking only dog people can talk happily about poop! Glad Bailey's system is a go. :aktion033:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes who would have thought that at 6am I would be so over joyed that Bailey finally let a little poop out:):) Only my SM family would understand

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
UPDATE I took bailey for a walk early this morning and she finally pooped I think she was ready she did not even care that it was misty and wet.....what a relief

Oh good girl :aktion033::aktion033: I know that has to be such a releif for you. Happy for the both of you. And you were being a wonderful Mommy :wub::wub:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts