Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Hi, I've been there too. My main concern would be that other than this situation, are you comfortable with your dr.? Does she take good care of you? I would not worry too much about the incident, although I can see why you were so scared and nervous. If you like your dr, and have a good relationship with her I would stick with her. In my experience a good dr. is hard to find!! I am back in school studying pharmacy and HIPAA is a pain to get around. There are rules for everything!!!! It is for the benefit of the patient, but sometimes HIPAA just makes things so complicated.

As for the computer mistake, that has happened to me too. That is just something that we have to deal with now that our entire lives depend on computers. It sucks sometimes, because computer upgrades always cause some type of a temporary problem.

If it truly bothers you, it's your decision and I'm sure whatever you decide will be good for you!!!

· Registered
3,868 Posts
I'm really only studying the pharmacy side of HIPAA (not too many phone call situations involved), so I can't be 100% sure.

It is very true what the woman said about not being able to disclose of any personal info about you on an answering machine. You see, there is just such a thin line before we break the rules of HIPAA and I honestly don't feel like I am qualified to answer your question.

I personally think it seems like it would be okay to say you are due for an appointment, but at the same time according to HIPAA, anyone who could possibly hear that message would know that you are in need of an appointment whether it be a routine check up or otherwise. HIPAA is obviously all about patient privacy and sometimes it gets into grey areas. Sorry I can't be more specific.
The privacy act hasn't completely sunk into my head yet. If I remember right, there are a few nurses on SM?? They'll know more than me. :D

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Feb 27 2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks everyone for your wise counsel. I really appreciate hearing your opinions on this. I still am not 100% sure what to do! But now I have a lot of good advice to help me. Thank again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38133
[/QUOTE]
That's what we're here for!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.