Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is not posted in the correct place. Do you see a need to register my Chloe if I'm not showing or breeding her?

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
I personally would. You may at some point decide to do some activity related to AKC where it might come in handy. I had my first Maltese for 10 years before I decided that I wanted to get involved with obedience and show him there. I had to dig up his AKC records to get him entered, but I was glad he had been registered and I was able to get to them. I figure it is a case of you never know when you might find it useful. :)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
It's really not necessary if you're not showing and breeding. The papers you have are proof to you where
she came from and that you own her. :)

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I never have registered my two........have the papers though. I knew when I bought them, they were mine for life and didn't feel the need to do it.......it is entirley up to the owner of the dog.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
I would.

Here in Ireland its very different though - the breeder has to register the litter as a whole and then the new owner transfers ownership of the puppy.
Not registered means BYB here.(but a lot of BYB's do resister)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Out of four dogs two are AKC registered. The two that are not registered are just as good as the other two :p

But is was fun deciding on names for the AKC papers. And I did show Ava for a while and that was a lot of fun.:chili:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I never registered my two girls. I have never given it a second thought. In my opinion it is not necessary unless you are breeding or showing.:blush:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts