Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would spay her. I have never heard about "spaying a female makes them; crazy, hinders development, makes them fat, lazy, and stunts bone growth." What I have heard is that an unspayed female has a greater chance of getting cancer of the uterus and also breast cancer than that of a spayed female.

Did this person work at your vets office or was it someone you met elsewhere? If it was some you met elsewhere I would talk to your vet. If you are not planning on breeding her there is no reason not to spay her. Since Lexi was spayed she is more cuddly but she is still VERY energetic. If it was someone in your vets office I would definitly talk to your vet about it. If it is not true they should not be saying that.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
When I got Lexi I held off until she was almost done teething so that I could have any baby teeth pulled that had not fallen out. My vet charges $25 for one tooth and $35 for 2 or more teeth. The spaying was $90 and pain meds (to take home) were $12. I also had her microchiped which was $45 plus the $12 you send in.

Lexi had just turned 6 months when she was spayed. She is just as energetic as before (maybe even more so).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.