Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Need advice.
Last night I got an inquiry from a breeder friend who wants to re-home a one year old maltese due to ill health of the aged owner. It is a sweet, shy one year old male. I do have people I could ask to adopt where I know the dog would be given much love and care.
Our Kitzel will be 6 months old this Sat. and we have been thinking of getting another dog---but wanted a female. Should we take the male or try and find a home and get a female when Kitzel is older? What would you do?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Maybe you could try to foster for a little while to see how the little guy does at your home and with Kitzel. If he's a good fit for you, and you for him, I say go for it!

I think once you meet him, you will know the answer...who knows, it might be love at first sight and you may decide to adopt him then and there.

Where is the dog currently - with his owner or at the breeder's home?

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love your Bailey---precious.
He is w/the breeder as the owner has been quite ill and unable to care for him. He is shaved down and looks lonely and needy to me. Apparently he has spent quite a bit of time alone & is somewhat "shy" according to the breeder. Poor little tyke.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Thank you - I think Bailey is precious too :)
Aww poor little thing! Sounds like he really needs a loving and stable home. Let us know what you decide!

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Sandi if your like me you'll end up keeping him lol, so how about three:chili: seriously if you want a little girl I would hold off, if your friends want him I would talk to the owner and introduce your friends to him

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just speaking for myself and hubby, we might say foster but we both know the second that we open the door its home forever :)

We just had a friend offer a 18 month old well breed little boy Papillon (Spelling?) to us as the have to rehome and had to say no thank you as we have two boy's now and we are planning on adding another Maltese to our family by end of year and have no idea if it will be a little boy or girl ,I just did not want to have maybe say no to the Maltese that we have been planning to get for quite some time. If we knew if we would be getting a little boy or girl we might have said yes but never know what mother nature will bring us :)

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: we have decided to leave the dog w/the breeder until we can possibly locate a good home for him here---that way he only has to be moved once! As we thought through what would be best for the dog it became clearer to us. We also think he would be best served in a home with his being the sole animal---at least for a while. (that takes us out of the picture as we have both Kitzel and a huge cat.)
Thank you to all who wrote w/advice which we very much appreciated. Emotional decisions are best made w/the help of "many counselors!"

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i think u made the right choice , good luck finding him a good furever home :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts