Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
OMG! That b***h needs her face knocked to the ground a couple of times and see how she feels! :smmadder::smmadder: And as for the handler ..... IMO at that point she should have taken control and walked away reporting the abuse!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
If anyone would've done that to my baby... I don't even want to type what I'd do to them! :beating a dead hors (Judge= horse)

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
That poor little baby!:crying 2: I'm sorry but if that were my dog being treated like that i wouldn't stand by and watch no matter who it was. Heads would be rolling!!! :angry:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
If anyone would've done that to my baby... I don't even want to type what I'd do to them! :beating a dead hors (Judge= horse)

I would NOT have stood there like a dam dunce and let her get away with that! What the He** is wrong with those men, standing there like fools -

She should rot in a hole.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
As I don't know much about showing - can someone explain what was happening?
I know that when a dog won't stack right that sometimes the handler will pick them up and rock them back and forth and try to restack them. I've seen this done many times. That's what it looks like the judge was trying to do to me, but the puppy freaked out. I'm not so sure that the judge is abusing the dog, but it does look like she's being too forceful, especially with a puppy.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I watched 2x - I don't know diddley squat about showing 'cept what I've seen on TV, and I have never seen a judge take the amount of time this one did in looking a dog over. Whatever she did to get that fluff so animated he wanted to jump off the table I don't know. Then there's the no balls handler...Holding the lead like nothing was happening. She should have picked up that baby and disqualified themselves, after a few choice words to the 2 legged bitch that caused the incident. That dog was traumatized by the judge - didn't want to go near her after it's 1 round around the ring. Too bad, it could have a negative lasting effect on a good show dog.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
As I don't know much about showing - can someone explain what was happening?
It looks to me like the judge was trying to get the puppy to stack properly on the table, the puppy became rambunctious and the judge was trying to get it back to a controlled state. If that's what is going on, I personally think there are much better ways to accomplish it. As for why the handler did nothing, the handler may be an amateur (as in owner/handler) who has never run into a situation like this before and did not know what to do. I showed my first dog, Timmy, to a judge who I felt was way too heavy handed with him. I was very unhappy but it was only my third or fourth show and I did not know what to do. And, like in my situation, if you look at what happened in that video that "manhandling" took place over about 40 seconds ... not much time to even absorb what's going on, let alone take action. This video has traveled the world over the past week or so and I'd venture to guess that that judge, even if she's not suspended, will not be getting any more invites to judge a dog show.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
If a judge did that to my dog, you can bet I would be ready to kill them. That poor puppy could very well be ruined for the ring after that experience.

This is not in ANY way normal. I hope the judge is sanctioned. This happened in Spain and has caused an uproar around the show community.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
OMG :smcry: I can't imagine anyone doing that to a dog much less a judge. What was she trying to do with the paws at the end of the table? And then basically looking like she was strangling the dog and manhandling it. How does any organization let that happen? And I agree if I was a handler I would have taken the dog and said the h*** with the show and reported her. Nothing is worth doing that to my dog. You can see how petrified the dog is of the judge when she's walking back. :angry::hysteric:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I'm truly astounded. The whole time I watched this I couldn't believe what I was watching. I'll bet this has caused an uproar around the world in the show community, it certainly should! If I had been that handler I would have picked that pup up and walked away. What the he** was that judge thinking?

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I watched 2x - I don't know diddley squat about showing 'cept what I've seen on TV, and I have never seen a judge take the amount of time this one did in looking a dog over. Whatever she did to get that fluff so animated he wanted to jump off the table I don't know. Then there's the no balls handler...Holding the lead like nothing was happening. She should have picked up that baby and disqualified themselves, after a few choice words to the 2 legged bitch that caused the incident. That dog was traumatized by the judge - didn't want to go near her after it's 1 round around the ring. Too bad, it could have a negative lasting effect on a good show dog.
:goodpost:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
It looks to me like the judge was trying to get the puppy to stack properly on the table, the puppy became rambunctious and the judge was trying to get it back to a controlled state. If that's what is going on, I personally think there are much better ways to accomplish it. As for why the handler did nothing, the handler may be an amateur (as in owner/handler) who has never run into a situation like this before and did not know what to do. I showed my first dog, Timmy, to a judge who I felt was way too heavy handed with him. I was very unhappy but it was only my third or fourth show and I did not know what to do. And, like in my situation, if you look at what happened in that video that "manhandling" took place over about 40 seconds ... not much time to even absorb what's going on, let alone take action. This video has traveled the world over the past week or so and I'd venture to guess that that judge, even if she's not suspended, will not be getting any more invites to judge a dog show.
There is never a good reason to mishandle a living being. Shame on her - I hope that she is ostracized, for life, from the fluff world.

The more I see things like this - the more I disdain humans.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.