Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two bathrooms in my house. One I will not show because it is not decorated and its currently covered with a tarp as we have ice dams (if you don't know what these are - its when ice builds up on your roof and causes leaks into your home) and we have someone coming to look at it. We are likely not going to use the bathroom all winter and come spring do a light renovation when we fix whatever problem is found by the roof guy.

But, my downstairs bathroom is below. Its all decorated with stuff my mom gave us when we moved in but it looks nice and since we have other rooms to work on I haven't bothered to think about what I might do with it. Plus, we are kinda stuck sinve the previous owners felt a forest green sink was a great idea:w00t: (forest green is NOT one of my favorite colors).

Looking into the bathroom (walls are not yellow - they are a lightlight cream, the flash made them yellow)
Room Property Bathroom Floor House

Sink Area
Bathroom Room Property Plumbing fixture Sink

Wall Hangings & curtain
Room Bathroom Property Wall Yellow

Behind Door
Room Property Door Curtain Interior design

What do your bathrooms looks like???

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I would love to powder my nose in your bathroom Erin!

I don't have any pics of my bathrooms at all. I'll try to take some tonight and post them.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Very nice Erin. I must admit when I first read "hunter green sink" I thought are you kidding! But then I saw it was the counter top, easily fixable.
Well, we have 2 1/2 baths but I only took pics of the Master and the 1/2 bath. The pics of the 1/2 bath didn't turn out very well, it is actually much cooler in person, cozy with a cave like feel and slate floor but it looks very sterile in the pics. Good thing about taking these pics, it reminded me I hadn't watered the plants so sorry for their droopiness! They thank you for the reminder!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Very nice Erin. I must admit when I first read "hunter green sink" I thought are you kidding! But then I saw it was the counter top, easily fixable.
Well, we have 2 1/2 baths but I only took pics of the Master and the 1/2 bath. The pics of the 1/2 bath didn't turn out very well, it is actually much cooler in person, cozy with a cave like feel and slate floor but it looks very sterile in the pics. Good thing about taking these pics, it reminded me I hadn't watered the plants so sorry for their droopiness! They thank you for the reminder!
I want to come live at your house! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Aww, thanks Pat. And you and your fluffy crew are welcome anytime. The days have been gorgeous lately.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Gigi....what do you clean your shower glass with? Your BR is gorgeous!

If you look closely you might be able to see the squeegee (sp?). Yup, after every shower, it is a pain especially when one is in a hurry but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thank you very much for the compliment, we enjoy it very much.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
I finally got piccies of our bathrooms. I've been doing soome remodelling in them. Masterbath. did corbels and shelf over mirror and threaded pink silk chiffon through corbels... I did corbels in corners,plaster trim on top of shower area and wood shelf and trim on face of tub,to match wood toilet seat and vanity.

Did plaster frieze and shelf over mirror.

Took two storage cabinets and glass to use as a vanity area.

Another view

Close up of make shift vanity... You can see my Kent hair brushes in the vanity...real glamorous,ha,ha.

close up of tub area,I did corbels in corner. Etched glass design, Alphonse Mucha's Laurel on window glass.

Guest bath off guestroom

Utility bath,all yellow,white vanity,before redo

Utility bath after redo, Tuscany finish on walls,did an embossed wood grain on vanity ,made lady wall plaque, gold framed mirror.

Did a plaster frieze over door resembling an architectural fragment.

Close up of plaster lady plaque

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Michelle - your bathroom is so ornate (well so are most of the rooms in your home we are seen so far)! You do such beautiful work.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts