Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Ladies!

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly "show n' tell" where we could show eachother different aspects of our homes, lives, and favorite things. I do this in a blogging community and it is tons of fun!

This week is Show Us Your Dinning Room, next week we will do kitchens!

I'll start - Here is my Dinning Room. I love my dinning room. We recently repainted and purchased new curtains. I was going for a look that was both formal but comfortable. As its just the two of us we don't use the dinning room that much but, when we do, its always to share an evening with friends or family, just another reason why I love this room!:wub:

This is the view looking in from my kitchen.

And the view looking in from the stairwell (this is the boring view - sorry!)

My table decorated for X-mas (ignore the missing candle - it is lost somewhere and I can't find a new one)

Our buffet and picture wall plain and all decorated for X-mas.

Now, its your turn . . . Show us your Dinning Room :)

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I love your dining room!!! Here is mine, i have been upgrading the lighting in my house. i guess I need to take a picture with the Christmas decorations.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
I love the colors, the floors, the pieces that you've selected - and I LOVE the wall with your photographs on it.

Lot's of light - just lovely. Decorated beautifully.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Here is ours - It's boring.

I plan on ditching the set that we currently have and getting something fun, to match with the rest of the place - which is VERY casual and "beachy"

I have always had a very formal house, hence the furniture - I would NEVER select that style again - as I am all about being fun, light and casual.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Erin: Your dining room looks great! Love the photos on the wall and the "E" and "J". So sweet!

Cathy: your dining room is classic!! love it!

·
Premium Member
24,011 Posts
Erin - love your dining room. It's just what I pictured:) And my favorite part of course is your picture wall. :wub::wub: Here's mine. Had this photo already from our home exchange file. I might try to take a decorated one next weekend before company comes. The breakfront, table, chairs, etc. is mahogany and when my mom died in 1999 I decided to take it. I loved it growing up and still do. You can also see some of my dish collection from her.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Here is ours - It's boring.

I plan on ditching the set that we currently have and getting something fun, to match with the rest of the place - which is VERY casual and "beachy"

I have always had a very formal house, hence the furniture - I would NEVER select that style again - as I am all about being fun, light and casual.
I love your dining room!! It is very charming! :wub:

Erin - love your dining room. It's just what I pictured:) And my favorite part of course is your picture wall. :wub::wub: Here's mine. Had this photo already from our home exchange file. I might try to take a decorated one next weekend before company comes. The breakfront, table, chairs, etc. is mahogany and when my mom died in 1999 I decided to take it. I loved it growing up and still do. You can also see some of my dish collection from her.
classic Sue!! Just like you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sigh, mine is not really a diningroom at all, more of a classroom. We don't have space anywhere else to do school so we put it in the bay window right next to the diningroom table. I got desks from a flea market and they all painted them and put stickers on the top. I also have rolling drawers for all of their subjects. We don't really have a "diningroom" anyway because the kitchen/livingroom/diningroom is one big great room.

Here's a decent picture of them on the table (can you tell I have a cheap "I don't care what happens to it" table?) :D They learned about Japan and made their own paper....complete with flower petals from the garden!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Sigh, mine is not really a diningroom at all, more of a classroom. We don't have space anywhere else to do school so we put it in the bay window right next to the diningroom table. I got desks from a flea market and they all painted them and put stickers on the top. I also have rolling drawers for all of their subjects. We don't really have a "diningroom" anyway because the kitchen/livingroom/diningroom is one big great room.

Here's a decent picture of them on the table (can you tell I have a cheap "I don't care what happens to it" table?) :D They learned about Japan and made their own paper....complete with flower petals from the garden!

Your place looks great!

The fact that it is a "classroom" makes it even better! I love the windows - the kids are as cute as can be - it's perfect. You, my girl, are a super hero - for all that you do in 24 hours.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Sue,

Your dining room is perfect - your whole place is formal.

My place, on the other hand, is a cape-cod-style house - that is very casual - that's why I need to change the dining room set - so that it flows with the rest of the house -

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
We don't have a dining room,just the kitchen. Cute kids,they look like pure sunshine and a little ornery for fun.

I redid my kitchen last fall,had ivy print wallpaper stripped it off,did veneitan plaster and then after all that work,finishing and painting I cut a hole in the wall for a hand made niche. I made the niche from clay,fired it in my kiln,always wanted a niche...
Hubby about died,he came home and saw the hole in the wall, but a little while later, a niche...
Al also covered our almond range hood in Lincrusta,to look like bronzed tin.
We laid the tiles 15 years ago. I have to do the upper wall trim piece yet,to clean up where the ceiling meets the top of the venetian plaster....

The kitchen set is Mackenzie Childs,I love their stuff.

Our house is traditional on the outside and eclectic on the inside. A little olde world mixed...
Used to be country,then the previous owners went Miami decor,electric blue,caution yellow and atomic orange....took a while to get those colours toned down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,396 Posts
Thought I would have a little fun & post my FAVORITE dining room! It is in Salzburg, Austria @ a place called St. Peter's Keller where I have always enjoyed my favorite meals w/my favorite people! The first one is one of the many dining rooms, the 2nd the ceiling & the third I just threw in for free---my eldest & I there taking photos of all the rooms after her birthday meal last year! One of my favorite reasons to go here---they let me bring my maltese to any of the dining rooms---even the most formal one!

·
Registered
857 Posts
My favorite restaurant for design and decor is Jasmine at Bellagio. The very first time that I was in that dining room, I cried. The big windows, the fabrics, the flowers, the dancing fountains for a view, it was all so beautiful. This picture does it no justice. But! Enjoy!

I will post pics of my dining room later....it is a mix of old traditional New England and some Florida thrown in for fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Thought I would have a little fun & post my FAVORITE dining room! It is in Salzburg, Austria @ a place called St. Peter's Keller where I have always enjoyed my favorite meals w/my favorite people! The first one is one of the many dining rooms, the 2nd the ceiling & the third I just threw in for free---my eldest & I there taking photos of all the rooms after her birthday meal last year! One of my favorite reasons to go here---they let me bring my maltese to any of the dining rooms---even the most formal one!

Now that's a dining room. I love the painted ceiling! Ideas.....

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alice - your dinningroom is honestly how I pictured it given your taste in clothes and where you live. I really love it and wish I could go the more modern route in our home but the style of our home doesn't lend itself to this style. The black chairs are gorgeous!

Sue - I also love your dinning room with those beautiful french doors. I love white woodwork and yours looks even more beautiful with the wall color and your dark furniture for contrast.

Allie - as I said before I love your dinning room but your home is a similar style to mine and it is hard to go too formal without it looking a bit stuffy for the home so I understand your desire to "dress it down" but I do love the way it looks! I can imagine having lovely dinners at your table with those gorgeous place settings!

The hotels - I don't think a single one of us could compete with their beauty and elegance, but that's what makes hotel dinning special.

Michelle - your kitchen work puts us all to shame, I can't wait to see how it compares to our "Show us Your Kitchen" next week. Please be sure to repost it so others can see it them too :)

Thank you for all your compliments on my dinning room. Its still a work in progress but I do love it. The table and chairs are from my childhood and we bought and painted the serviceboard to match. I wish they were less country looking as that is not my style but they do fit the room both in size and formality. Thank you all for the compliments on my wall - it was a labor of love but I promised myself if Martha could do it than so could I :). It's truly my favorite part of my home.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts