Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
You all have lovely homes. I'm not able to take photos of my apt right now as there are boxes everywhere. We are downsizing like crazy in preparation for living full time in a motor home next year, traveling the country. Hubby and I both love modern, minimalist decor, (similar to Alice's decor.) Since we are designing/building our own motor home from scratch, inside will be very modern and mostly black, white and gray with a bit of color here and there. Once it is all done, we will take photos and share them. This thread was fun!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Liza I love your dining room and also love your parkay floors and your kitchen floor. I had to laugh at the clothesline because when I lived in Brooklyn, NY I did the same thing. (Many years ago when I was first married) I had a kitchen that went across the apartment, so in winters I strung three clotheslines across my entire kitchen to dry clothes and diapers! That's how ancient I am:blush:, :HistericalSmiley: Pampers just came out that year and my newborn was allergic. You brought back fond memories of my younger days. Somedays I would still hang clothes outside and they would come in stiff as a board!!!:HistericalSmiley:Anyhow, gorgeous!!!

HERE'S MINE , I HAD TO TAKE OFF ALL THE CLUTTER . LOL ITS RIGHT WHEN U COME IN SO THE CHAIRS BECOME COAT HANGERS AND ALL THE MAIL LANDS ON IT.

DONT MIND THE CORD THATS HANGING , LOL I HANG CLOTHES FROM THE SOMETIMES ;) I FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT DINING SET BUT I DIDNT NOTICE HOW BIG IT WAS UNTIL IT WAS IN MY APT . , IT REALLY SITS EIGHT AS I HAVE TWO BENCHES UNDER IT , I TAKE IT OUT OF THAT CORNER N TO THE MIDDLE IF WE R HAVING A COMPANY OR A BIG DINNER BUT OTHER THAN THAT ON AN EVERYDAY BASIS IT IS THERE , IT DOESNT GET USED MUCH AS THE KIDS LIKE EATING ON THE COUCH LOL ..

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sounds very exciting!!! :)

You all have lovely homes. I'm not able to take photos of my apt right now as there are boxes everywhere. We are downsizing like crazy in preparation for living full time in a motor home next year, traveling the country. Hubby and I both love modern, minimalist decor, (similar to Alice's decor.) Since we are designing/building our own motor home from scratch, inside will be very modern and mostly black, white and gray with a bit of color here and there. Once it is all done, we will take photos and share them. This thread was fun!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
lol , thanks so much ! i used to live in a one bedroom before this one n i upgraded last yr to a two bedroom and i love this apt , after this hopefully i'll get a house.. about the clothesline , i dont have a dryer , really should get one , i have a laundomat right across my building , so i usually just wash at home n send my daughters to dry , but sometimes i wash little loads and i will hang them up but i try not to exactly because of the stiff as a board clothes lol ..
Liza I love your dining room and also love your parkay floors and your kitchen floor. I had to laugh at the clothesline because when I lived in Brooklyn, NY I did the same thing. (Many years ago when I was first married) I had a kitchen that went across the apartment, so in winters I strung three clotheslines across my entire kitchen to dry clothes and diapers! That's how ancient I am:blush:, :HistericalSmiley: Pampers just came out that year and my newborn was allergic. You brought back fond memories of my younger days. Somedays I would still hang clothes outside and they would come in stiff as a board!!!:HistericalSmiley:Anyhow, gorgeous!!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I didn't have one either. I got married in 1972 and when we moved to NJ in 1974 I got my first dryer. It was tucked inside the closet which was adjoined to my bedroom and my baby's bedroom. You will get your house and then you'll appreciate it even more when you get your own dryer.
xoxo

lol , thanks so much ! i used to live in a one bedroom before this one n i upgraded last yr to a two bedroom and i love this apt , after this hopefully i'll get a house.. about the clothesline , i dont have a dryer , really should get one , i have a laundomat right across my building , so i usually just wash at home n send my daughters to dry , but sometimes i wash little loads and i will hang them up but i try not to exactly because of the stiff as a board clothes lol ..

·
Registered
863 Posts
I know a day (or more) late and a dollar short

There is just not enough time (I'm sure you all feel that way). Well here it finally is....... The last pic is partially decorated for Christmas, I still haven't found the red dining chair slip covers, LOL.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Gigi,love your large bright and sunny dining room, gorgeous!

There is just not enough time (I'm sure you all feel that way). Well here it finally is....... The last pic is partially decorated for Christmas, I still haven't found the red dining chair slip covers, LOL.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Your Mom has great taste! It's very beautiful...but it's ONE of your dining rooms? How many do you have?:huh::HistericalSmiley:

ok I didn't want to look at all these awesome dining rooms, without sharing in return.

Here is a picture that I took 10 minutes ago of one of our dining rooms. My mum takes credit for furniture selection :)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Wow,wow,wow,I love it,makes me want to redecorate! It's so sunny and warm.. I love the paint treatment on the walls.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Wow gorgeous,wish we had a dining room... we just eat in familyroom w/ the fluffs begging....watch Discovery or the news. We'd probably use a dining room if it wasn't just the two of us..or should I saw the 7 of us..

ok I didn't want to look at all these awesome dining rooms, without sharing in return.

Here is a picture that I took 10 minutes ago of one of our dining rooms. My mum takes credit for furniture selection :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thank you guys for the wonderful comments. I actually did the walls myself, the color that is, there are 4 coats of glaze, the walls themselves are beautiful, hand applied plaster which was done when the house was built by the original owner whose family we bought the house from. We are finally getting curtains done and I've been wanting to have a mural painted on the ceiling for some time. Hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Your Mom has great taste! It's very beautiful...but it's ONE of your dining rooms? How many do you have?:huh::HistericalSmiley:
there are three :blush: one is used by us; the one in the picture I shared (for the family).
The other two get occupied during social settings (people coming over) - which does happen often. One good thing is that there is enough space; otherwise it will be a MESS in these sort of days

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
we just eat in familyroom w/ the fluffs begging....watch Discovery or the news. We'd probably use a dining room if it wasn't just the two of us..or should I saw the 7 of us..
Yeah, I see a dinning room a better fit for more than just two people and few adorable fluffs :wub:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts

Kat your family's dinning room is gorgeous and the furniture your mom picked out is exquisite!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
That's amazing..I never heard of one house having three dining rooms! How many rooms total are in your house? (I know, I'm nosey, sorry.):HistericalSmiley:

there are three :blush: one is used by us; the one in the picture I shared (for the family).
The other two get occupied during social settings (people coming over) - which does happen often. One good thing is that there is enough space; otherwise it will be a MESS in these sort of days

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Beautiful dining room Kat. Your mom has good taste. All those dining rooms are beautiful in their own way. It shows the different tastes between people.:wub:

121 - 140 of 140 Posts