Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered "Showcase" under site navigation. Could you please explain what this is and how to use it?
Thank you!

·
Administrator
694 Posts
How to Create a Showcase?

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and select “Showcase”.

From the Showcase page, click on “Add item” in the right-hand corner.

A popup will appear at the top. Click on “showcase”.

A form will open for you to fill in the blanks, such as title, tags, general information, etc.

Scroll down to “General Information” to content and images, in the same way that you would for writing a post. The first image added will be the cover photo.

Add any additional item details, and “Save”.

If you want to make any changes, including choosing a different cover photo from the images you added, you can do so by editing your showcase.

·
Administrator
694 Posts
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?

Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on content you wish to share. Showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas gallery would be like a photo album.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I'm not sure I will ever use "Showcase" but its nice to know what it is and how to use it if I ever decide to use it.

I notice we have had several upgrades to SM lately (all seem pretty much just technical upgrades).

Follow-Up:
Any time frame as to when the members names and pets names will be added to their avatar? This would be a very useful addition and appreciated by ALL SM members.

~ Paulann

1 - 5 of 5 Posts