Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Signature Sizes: PLEASE READ!!!!

42K views 195 replies 67 participants last post by  Cute Chloe 
#1 ·
I know we all love each others signatures and I encourage everyone to have one but i have been paying more attention to them and asking some to change them or i have changed them as some are getting very big. I do not want to put ALOT of limits on them but some are very large and for people who have lower resolution screens they may even have to scroll left to right to read a post.

SO! please try to follow these guidelines , and for now these are just that, guidelines

1. try to keep sig pics to 600 pixels wide or less (all pics combined)

2. try to keep sig pics to 300 pixels tall or less (all pics combined)

3. try to limit your sig to 3 pics max

4. try to limit your tickers to 2 or less (maybe 3 if you dont have large pics)

5. animated sig pics are ok but please try to reduce them so they load fast

6. try to keep it at 1 animated pic per sig

7. no links to your store unless you are a paid vendor

8. please only use font size 4 or below in additional text

this will help users from having to scroll left to right and will help with load times of the page for those on dial up, also if you dont care about seeing the sigs you can turn them off in your userCP

Please do not get upset if I resize the pic myself, generaly i will try to ask but if its very large I may do it to help other users from having to scroll, also sometimes a user may not sign on in a few days, read my PM or dont use the email address they signed up with

any questions or suggestions, please post them in this thread

thanks everyone,

Joe

See less See more
#3 ·
Nonny said exactly what i wanted to. I had a lot of help making my signature, Dr. Jaimie made it and others helped me to post it. I really have no idea what its dimensions are, so if I need to make changes just let me know and I will get my computer literate buddies to help me. Thanks!

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks Joe! I have DSL- so I am high speed enough, but at times it's still annoying to have to scroll a half page down just to get past someone's signature to the next post.[/B]
Thank you for posting that! I thought I was the only one who felt like that!

[/B]
I'm with ya on that, too! [attachment=15559:attachment] Uh oh... I hope mine isn't too large.

#9 ·
The only thing I know about pixels is that my camera has mega ones, and someone on this forum has a puppy named Pixel. If I am doing wrong, feel free to make me better.

#11 ·
The ones that are really annoying are when you have to scroll from left to right. I have a 17" monitor, I wonder how annoying it is for those with 15" monitors.[/B]
haha, really, REALLY annoying LOL. in some cases, no matter how much i "stretch" the window, i can't read it all, and end up having to cut and paste into a blank document to even read it. and sometimes, it's cut off and i cant even get to the "reply" button. ultra long signatures make me want to not even read the rest of the thread, and i hate that.

i have always loved charmaine's signatures, they've always been just "the right size". and they're pretty
LOL
the brief time i had a sig photo...i ended up taking it off b/c i thought it was just too big

just my prefs, i guess.

#14 ·
Yep, the siggies are getting out of control again. Many times it's not fair to the Original Poster, as many will not finish reading the thread if another poster has replied with a siggy so HUGE, that you have to scroll from left to right throughout the entire thread.

I've also noticed, instead of a siggy, some posters are attaching huge pics directly into their replies. If you quote that reply, then the huge pic shows up on your quote. If someone quotes your quote to that reply, the pic continues to show up. It's hard to find the replys through all of the huge pics and siggies.

#15 · (Edited)
Yep, the siggies are getting out of control again. Many times it's not fair to the Original Poster, as many will not finish reading the thread if another poster has replied with a siggy so HUGE, that you have to scroll from left to right throughout the entire thread.

I've also noticed, instead of a siggy, some posters are attaching huge pics directly into their replies. If you quote that reply, then the huge pic shows up on your quote. If someone quotes your quote to that reply, the pic continues to show up. It's hard to find the replys through all of the huge pics and siggies.[/B]
I know what you mean, Debbie!! [attachment=18142:attachment]

You can remove the picture from your reply by just deleting the link or the attachment ID from the quoted area.

#17 ·
I hope I dont have to much in my siggy?

ANDREA~
[/B]
no, andrea, your siggy's fine.

i love your siggy because it looks like nemo's trying to give me a kiss!!

#18 ·
mine was of size...but i still thought it was too big so i shrunk it...hope it is ok for everyone

#24 ·
Ok Debbie, explain this to me please. You are saying 700 total. My siggy is 300 x 300. So what's my total, 90000?
I know that can't be right, so please straighten me out here. Do you guys think my siggy is too large? I have no problem making it smaller.

#25 ·
Ok Debbie, explain this to me please. You are saying 700 total. My siggy is 300 x 300. So what's my total, 90000?
I know that can't be right, so please straighten me out here. Do you guys think my siggy is too large? I have no problem making it smaller.[/B]

No, Robin . Your sig is a very good size. I am thinking of making all mine more along the 300 to 350 size.

#26 ·
I know that can't be right, so please straighten me out here. Do you guys think my siggy is too large? I have no problem making it smaller.[/B]

Your siggy is PERFECT!!! I meant 700 combined dimensions. That probably doesn't make any sense, does it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.