Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I signed up years ago in Austria to get my breeding afix (which I never officially used!) I went for Edelweiss---it was taken. . . so here I post under that title instead. When we visited the little Danish town of Solvang (just north of Santa Barbara, CA) at Christmas I came across this sign---so daughter snapped a photo for me!
Edel=of nobility
weiss--pure white
I think it is a fitting title for all of our little, white, furry friends!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Sandi, what a nice picture! That reminds me...when I went to Europe this December (Switzerland, Italy and France), I came across a lot of hotels and restaurants named "Edelweiss" - it made me think of you and Kitzel! I think I even snapped a few pictures of some of them.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sandi, what a nice picture! That reminds me...when I went to Europe this December (Switzerland, Italy and France), I came across a lot of hotels and restaurants named "Edelweiss" - it made me think of you and Kitzel! I think I even snapped a few pictures of some of them.
Would love to see some of those Nida! I love Switzerland (my DH got his doctorate there), Italy & I even like parts of France :innocent:!
If you are on FB maybe you can post some (easier than here) & I can look there?

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Of course when i think of Edelweiss I think of "The Sound of Music" and you and Kitzi.:wub::wub: I never knew the meaning though. Beautiful and so perfect for your sweet Kitzel.:) Great picture of the three of you.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I never knew exactly what edelweiss meant. I always just thought it was a flower in the Alps. Thanks for the information, and now I love the name even more. I also loved Solvang. What a cute little town, totally unexpected in California.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts