Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My boy Pancho is 4,5 months. I’ve been reading about the different type of coats and I’m not sure about what he has. His hair is not really cool to the touch, but it literally feels like nothing when I touch it. It is really soft.
I’m just curious to know if it’s silky or cottony? What do you guys think?

Then I wanted to know if you ever seen such a long maltese? I was told he was purebred, I know without a register that is meaningless. He is soooo long, probably around <-> 46 cm/18in. He is only 4,5 months and weights 4,6kg/10lb. What do you think? Can you see another dog race mixed from his appearance?

·
Registered
Elisabeth and Poodles (plus Zooey in heaven)
4,335 Posts
I'm not sure about coat type or if he has anything mixed (looks pretty purebred to me), but he is totally adorable!

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,148 Posts
Welcome to SM! Pancho is an adorably cute maltese.
I'm not sure what kind of a coat he has - Sometimes their coat changes as they outgrow the puppy stage too. I'm sure whatever kind of a coat he ends up with you will groom him to look perfect in it! Please keep us updated with news and pictures!
🐶 🐾🌷

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies ❤
I am in love with him, he’s way too cute! But so are all Maltese!
I’m so happy to have joined SM 😊

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,773 Posts
He is adorable and I am sure loving. If you had to classify it, it looks a bit cottony to me. The only real difference is that cottony coats tend to mat more easily, while silky coats (although they will mat) are less prone to it. My Lucky was cottony, my Casper is very silky. And yes some Maltese can be long - my Casper is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello!

My boy Pancho is 4,5 months. I’ve been reading about the different type of coats and I’m not sure about what he has. His hair is not really cool to the touch, but it literally feels like nothing when I touch it. It is really soft.

Then I wanted to know if you ever seen such a long maltese? I was told he was purebred, I know without a register that is meaningless. He is soooo long, probably around <-> 46 cm/18in. He is only 4,5 months and weights 4,6kg/10lb. What do you think? Can you see another dog race mixed from his appearance?
View attachment 275297 View attachment 275298 View attachment 275299

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know anything about the coats. I will tell you my 8 month old, Ari's fur is so soft that you can barely feel it. She looks like a big poof ball right now. She is really tiny. Might just weigh 3 pounds. They are all built different. I think he is perfect! Looks like a fluffy lovebug!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure about coat type or if he has anything mixed (looks pretty purebred to me), but he is totally adorable!
That is a maltipoo I know because I have one myself looks just like my dog ,,I have papers on my dog mixed he is

·
Registered
Elisabeth and Poodles (plus Zooey in heaven)
4,335 Posts
That is a maltipoo I know because I have one myself looks just like my dog ,,I have papers on my dog mixed he is
They do look very similar! Adorable pups.

·
Super Moderator
10,220 Posts
Maltipoo is not a breed - it is a mix and there is no standard so no ability to confirm whether they are or not what your breeder claims they are. And mixed breeds aren't recognized by the legitimate breed organizations (AKC) so whatever papers you have are not documentation of proper breeding.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Hello!

View attachment 275297 View attachment 275298 View attachment 275299
He's adorable!!! My rescue was supposedly a maltese or a maltese mix. His DNA says he has no Maltese, poodle, Havanese, Shitzu, Bolognese, Bichon...He's a Heinz 57 variety. However, the vet still classifies him as Maltese and Maltese breeders tell me he has to have "some" maltese in him. But DNA doesn't lie. However, he's adorable and got a great personality. I say all this because your pup is also adorable and I'm sure has a great personality. Your pup's hair looks like my Whisper's hair. Whether your pup is a true Maltese or not, ENJOY!! I've attached a
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 4.40.09 PM.png
recent pix of my Whisper. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts