Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I need some hair advice. For the last six months I have made three appointments to get bangs, or fringe, or whatever you want to call it, and everytime I've chickened out. I had bangs as a child, and liked them, but I have had them grown out to match the rest of my hair for at least ten years and I can't seem to cut them. What is the big deal with me and my hair, it will grow out right? Anyone out there have bangs and like them? Any one have a before and after picture? Ok...its official...I'm crazy, and now Im bothering over six hundred people with a hair question

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I dont have forehead wrinkles yet, but it is becoming increasingly evident that I will someday in the future. For example, my mom says when I get angry I wrinkle my nose and my forehead follows
That's bound to leave a mark someday
I could get bangs now in preparation!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I had bangs a couple years ago (made the mistake of telling the hairdresser to do whatever she wanted). I started growing them out the next day.

My last hairdresser (not the one that gave me bangs) said to find out if you need bangs measure with the distance from the tip of your nose to the tip of your chin. Then starting at the tip of your nose measure up towards your forehead. If measurement does not go up to your hairline (still have forehead above it) you need bangs. If the measurement goes past your forehead (past your hairline) you don't need bangs. If the measurement ends at your hairline you can go either way. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Jul 8 2005, 08:53 PM
Well, I dont have forehead wrinkles yet, but it is becoming increasingly evident that I will someday in the future.  For example, my mom says when I get angry I wrinkle my nose and my forehead follows
That's bound to leave a mark someday
I could get bangs now in preparation!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79615
[/QUOTE]

Well go get them cut then! Look at it this way, as everyone told me when Rex got his haircut...hair grows back!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 8 2005, 08:57 PM
I had bangs a couple years ago (made the mistake of telling the hairdresser to do whatever she wanted).  I started growing them out the next day. 

My last hairdresser (not the one that gave me bangs) said to find out if you need bangs measure with the distance from the tip of your nose to the tip of your chin.  Then starting at the tip of your nose measure up towards your forehead.  If measurement does not go up to your hairline (still have forehead above it) you need bangs. If the measurement goes past your forehead (past your hairline) you don't need bangs.  If the measurement ends at your hairline you can go either way.  Does that make sense?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79621
[/QUOTE]

How neat! I figured it out after reading it twice...guess I am slow! Anyway it turns out that I could go either way!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom+Jul 8 2005, 08:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jul 8 2005, 08:57 PM
I had bangs a couple years ago (made the mistake of telling the hairdresser to do whatever she wanted).  I started growing them out the next day. 

My last hairdresser (not the one that gave me bangs) said to find out if you need bangs measure with the distance from the tip of your nose to the tip of your chin.  Then starting at the tip of your nose measure up towards your forehead.  If measurement does not go up to your hairline (still have forehead above it) you need bangs. If the measurement goes past your forehead (past your hairline) you don't need bangs.  If the measurement ends at your hairline you can go either way.  Does that make sense?
How neat! I figured it out after reading it twice...guess I am slow! Anyway it turns out that I could go either way!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79625
[/B][/QUOTE]
I am very slow! I still cant figure it out, some help?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 8 2005, 08:57 PM

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....I tried it. From what your hairdresser suggests, I think I should get bangs. I have a good two inches of spare forehead (I had to laugh while typing that) and bangs would look good
Do you think men sit around and ponder questions like this one? I'm laughing at myself because it seems so trivial, but I am very concerned about it :D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 8 2005, 09:57 PM

[/QUOTE]

That's so interesting! I've always had bangs because I have a somewhat deep forehead and really look a lot better with them....

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jul 8 2005, 09:01 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 08:59 PM

[/QUOTE]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79627
[/B][/QUOTE]

1) Put the tip of you index finger on the tip of your nose
2) Put the tip of your thumb (same hand) on the tip of your chin
3)holding the messurement move your thumb to the tip of your nose and your index finger to your forehead.

If you index fingure is below you hairline you need bangs. Above you don't. At your hairline you can go either way.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I've always had some sort of bangs. I hate them when they are too short...it brings me back to when I was 5, but right now I have long bangs that can be pulled back or put behind my ears if they get in the way. I've tried to grow them out, but I just feel naked without them

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jul 8 2005, 09:09 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 08:59 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79627
1) Put the tip of you index finger on the tip of your nose
2) Put the tip of your thumb (same hand) on the tip of your chin
3)holding the messurement move your thumb to the tip of your nose and your index finger to your forehead.

If you index fingure is below you hairline you need bangs. Above you don't. At your hairline you can go either way.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79635
[/B][/QUOTE]

Uh-oh! I need bangs but I'm growing them out! :eek:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jul 8 2005, 09:19 PM
I've always had some sort of bangs.  I hate them when they are too short...it brings me back to when I was 5, but right now I have long bangs that can be pulled back or put behind my ears if they get in the way.  I've tried to grow them out, but I just feel naked without them

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79648
[/QUOTE]
Thats about the stage my bangs are at...though they are almost ready to go behind my ear but not quite

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jul 8 2005, 09:19 PM
I've always had some sort of bangs.  I hate them when they are too short...it brings me back to when I was 5, but right now I have long bangs that can be pulled back or put behind my ears if they get in the way.  I've tried to grow them out, but I just feel naked without them

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79648
[/QUOTE]

The bangs you're describing sound exactly like what I want, long and managable. I think the only reason i'm hesitant is I have a pretty dominant center part. I don't know what I'll do if I cut bangs and they part too, anybody know how to get them to lie flat, or do you think that will even be a problem?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Hmm, my hair is stick straight and no matter what I do, my part moves back to the middle of my head by the end of the day, but my bangs mostly stay where I put them. Just a dab of gel and a short blow dry to aim the bangs in the right direction.

EDIT: I forgot to add, don't tell the stylist (unless you really trust them) to cut bangs. I got these forehead fuzzies a year ago...those bangs were like five miles above my eyebrows
I tell my guy that I want layers in front and point out where I want the shortest (the bangs) to be. It all blends in better with the layers too.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jul 8 2005, 09:28 PM
Hmm, my hair is stick straight and no matter what I do, my part moves back to the middle of my head by the end of the day, but my bangs mostly stay where I put them.  Just a dab of gel and a short blow dry to aim the bangs in the right direction. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79659
[/QUOTE]

I must be getting tired, I started to write that I have stick straight hair too, but then I remembered my curly hair is only stick straight after I blow dry it and use a straightening iron
I guess I never wear it curly, so I have decided its straight. Hmm..need sleep. Thanks for telling me to dry them in the direction I want them to go, maybe that will work for me too.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I have naturally curly (wavy curl) but I fought it for years. I finally gave up a couple of years ago and decided to embrace the curl.
I'm trying to grow my hair out to about should blade length. It is taking FOREVER!!! I still need layers though because otherwise the weight of my hair (I have tons) weighs down the curl and my hair goes stick straight. I actually need to get a perm every year or so to help control the curl. Otherwise the curl gets too loose and gets kind of frizzy. No idea if this makes sense (I'm getting tired).

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
My hair is very straight, but I curl it and sleep with sponge rollers every night, it makes it curly at the ends

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by angel@Jul 8 2005, 09:44 PM
My hair is very straight, but I curl it and sleep with sponge rollers every night, it makes it curly at the ends
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79669
[/QUOTE]
Haha! When I was in grade school my hair was all one length and really straight. I would always try to curl it using sponge rollers and those U shaped things that you would weave your hair in and out (figure 8s). It is weird when I had straight hair I wanted curly, when I had curly I wanted straight.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jul 8 2005, 09:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 8 2005, 09:44 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79669
Haha! When I was in grade school my hair was all one length and really straight. I would always try to curl it using sponge rollers and those U shaped things that you would weave your hair in and out (figure 8s). It is weird when I had straight hair I wanted curly, when I had curly I wanted straight.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79673
[/B][/QUOTE]
Wow, OMG! How did your hair become curly though? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts