Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jul 8 2005, 09:40 PM
I actually need to get a perm every year or so to help control the curl.  Otherwise the curl gets too loose and gets kind of frizzy.  No idea if this makes sense (I'm getting tired).

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79666
[/QUOTE]

Wow....is that why I have straight hair until it reaches my ears, and then it goes kinda wavy, kinda curly, sort of straight and frizzy? Maybe instead of all this straightening I should have got a perm and worked with the curl. Smart thing to do!

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by angel@Jul 8 2005, 10:44 PM
My hair is very straight, but I curl it and sleep with sponge rollers every night, it makes it curly at the ends
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79669
[/QUOTE]

I have naturally curly hair and use a flat iron every day to make it very straight! Too funny that you curl your straight hair and I straighten my curly hair!!

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jul 8 2005, 09:50 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 8 2005, 09:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 8 2005, 09:44 PM
My hair is very straight, but I curl it and sleep with sponge rollers every night, it makes it curly at the ends

Haha! When I was in grade school my hair was all one length and really straight. I would always try to curl it using sponge rollers and those U shaped things that you would weave your hair in and out (figure 8s). It is weird when I had straight hair I wanted curly, when I had curly I wanted straight.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79673

[/QUOTE]
Wow, OMG! How did your hair become curly though? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79675
[/B][/QUOTE]
My hair is really thick. When it is long and one length the weight of the hair weighs the curl down. When I got it cut short, still one length, but to the shoulders and got a wave perm we discovered I had natural curl. The perm made my hair really, really curly. Ever since then (13 years ago) I've had either shoulder length or layered hair so it is curly. Right now the curl is getting no so curly again. I'm going to try doing a stripper and sleep with a deep condtioner on tonight to see if that helps. I'm getting my hair colored and cut at the end of the month so hopefully that helps. I f not I might need to get another wave perm to help pump up the curl a little. My hair is now slightly past my shoulders so it is getting longer which is starting to weight the curl down.

· Registered
2,970 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jul 8 2005, 09:56 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 8 2005, 09:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-angel
@Jul 8 2005, 09:44 PM

Haha! When I was in grade school my hair was all one length and really straight. I would always try to curl it using sponge rollers and those U shaped things that you would weave your hair in and out (figure 8s). It is weird when I had straight hair I wanted curly, when I had curly I wanted straight.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79673

Wow, OMG! How did your hair become curly though? I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79675
My hair is really thick. When it is long and one length the weight of the hair weighs the curl down. When I got it cut short, still one length, but to the shoulders and got a wave perm we discovered I had natural curl. The perm made my hair really, really curly. Ever since then (13 years ago) I've had either shoulder length or layered hair so it is curly. Right now the curl is getting no so curly again. I'm going to try doing a stripper and sleep with a deep condtioner on tonight to see if that helps. I'm getting my hair colored and cut at the end of the month so hopefully that helps. I f not I might need to get another wave perm to help pump up the curl a little. My hair is now slightly past my shoulders so it is getting longer which is starting to weight the curl down.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79682
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, wow

· Registered
178 Posts
I grew up in bangs, and ever since I turned 15 they've been as long as the rest of my hair. Bangs are great for those with larger foreheads, or wrinkles on the forehead!

It actually seems to me, that bangs make people look yonger. So if you don't already have a baby face, then go for it! I personally wouldn't get bangs again because I have ld post picturesnaturally curly hair, and any bit of moisture and everything is kinky and frizzy.
u

Good luck with your cut, or lack thereof. If you really like your results you should post pictures!

· Registered
2,992 Posts
I don't like wearing the full bang (like in the 80's) but a half bang is a good alternative for me. It is cut in from one side and worn slanted across your forehead, the other side is left long. Check out the new post on hairstyles - the first picture will give you an example of this. My half bang is much shorter than that one though.
Good Luck!!

· Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom@Jul 8 2005, 06:50 PM
I dont have bangs, but my friends and I have noticed, when people hit 30 they cut bangs to hide forhead wrinkles, at 40 they cut all their hair short!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79609
[/QUOTE]
This is to funny!!! My hair is long and I know I should cut it (btw-I have had bangs all my life) because of my age--but I'm scared to because I'm afraid I wont be able to style it--but I know my hairdresser wants to cut it desperately--I've been going to her for about 15 years or longer.....I wear it up mostly--I would love to find a cut I love but I just can't seem to find one.....lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.