Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chaniekan

Hi Katie. I am so glad you replied to my post, I heard of this thread through a friend, I joined the list to read for myself. Barry, all through the years has worked hard to improve the breed and he does breed some beautiful dogs, he would never jeopardise his lines or name by breeding from genetically unsound dogs. If you do get a puppy from him you will be over the moon. I will stay on the list and if I can help in anyway..I will.
PS You didn't cause any problems
Kays pad

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Hi Katie. I am so glad you replied to my post, I heard of this thread through a friend, I joined the list to read for myself. Barry, all through the years has worked hard to improve the breed and he does breed some beautiful dogs, he would never jeopardise his lines or name by breeding from genetically unsound dogs. If you do get a puppy from him you will be over the moon. I will stay on the list and if I can help in anyway..I will.
PS You didn't cause any problems
Kays pad

I hope you both stay :aktion033: Jacqui and I love to see other Australians on the forums.

Katie share some photos when you can - we love seeing puppies :wub:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chaniekan

I am going to stay on and will get another Maltese lover to join also. I have to work out how to post some pics up,
Kayspad

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I hope you both stay :aktion033: Jacqui and I love to see other Australians on the forums.

Katie share some photos when you can - we love seeing puppies :wub:
Yes we do love to see others from down under here!!

I stand by my original recommendation of Barry, I found him very honest & trustworthy and it's very obvious he's all about the breed! He opened his home to me to visit when Dakota was just a few weeks old & was very patient with all my questions.

Katie I'm so glad you were able to call & speak to him yourself. Please keep us posted!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is Anton, he is 10 an a half months, his name is Chaniekan Its All About Me. He is a lovely little boy and a delight to live with. Hope the pic goes up.
Kayspad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,027 Posts
This is Anton, he is 10 an a half months, his name is Chaniekan Its All About Me. He is a lovely little boy and a delight to live with. Hope the pic goes up.
Kayspad
:Welcome 4: And what a handsome boy Anton is. :wub: If you get a minute you should post to the Introduce Yourself forum on here so that everyone can get to know you. I know they'd love to see this gorgeous boy:)
And the same for Katieoo4. We'd love to see Coco and have you introduce her to us.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Kayspad
Wow just check out that pigment :wub: he is gorgeous!

I hope your friend joins up as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Maltese from Barry Woodburn almost 2years ago, and have had NO ISSUES at all. Perfectly little dog, FANTASTIC temperament (he is basically like a living teddy bear, so very cuddly), and is gorgeous! Ignore the rumours, Barry is lovely. And I had the puppy flown from Barry up to Brisbane and did not have an issue. The dog wasn't traumatised or anything like that.

I actually found this forum because I was trying to find Barry's contact details as I am thinking of buying a second maltese and would love to go through this breeder again as it went so well last time.

Just thought I would just make a contribution and stand up for Barry :) xox

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, has anyone bought a puppy from this particular breeder? If so was everything ok? I'm looking at buying a little girl from her but want some references first. Thanks :)
I had a male Maltese from Silvermist in 2015. He was such an adorable dog we loved him so much. My dog started to have issues since he was 6 months old with his knee issues. Then when he become 1 we found out that it wasn't only the knee, he has Hip dysplasia. Then when he became 2 years old, he wasn't well we brought him to the vet and found out that he has Auto immune disease called Thrombocytopenia which his blood cells attacking his blood platelet. He had to have Steroids for 2 years. It was such a hearbreaking time to take care of our sick boy we loved so much. Also the vet bill cost us about $15000 that time.
Then he fight his disease well enough and he was good since he became 4. We were so happy to see him healthy again.

Unfortunately this year he became 6, he had seizure and we brought him to the hospital again. Found out he has Liver issue plus Meningitis (Inflammation in brain). The vet also did every test and this is also related to auto-immue system. He fight really hard but this time he couldn't win. And all MRI & hospitalisation cost us another $20000.

More I love my dog so much - I cannot believe my dog could have so much of issues since young. Before I got my dog from silvermist I never researched anything. I don't want anybody to experience the same thing as I do. Our family is deeply sa.

I hope my post is helpful to make right decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, has anyone bought a puppy from this particular breeder? If so was everything ok? I'm looking at buying a little girl from her but want some references first. Thanks :)
Yes, I bought a puppy 11 years ago. The transaction and delivery to Adelaide went very smoothly. Great communication with breaded. Couldn’t be happier with the dog. Healthy puppy, extremely good nature, friendly, loving. Everyone falls in love with him. Highly recommend.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts