Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lizzie's spay is Friday morning and I'm actually a little bit nervous. We just got back from having her post operative blood work done, and little Miss Into Everything and Not Scared of Anything was actually a little afraid of the needle!!!

I'll keep everyone posted on her progress. :D

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Apr 5 2005, 06:47 PM
I realized how much I truly love Peanut while he was at the vet being neutered because I missed him bugging me all day long

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49375
[/QUOTE]

NCs mom -- I really hope I have a similar experience 'cause I'm still not 100% there yet...close, but not there.

Thank you everyone for all of your support and well wishes!! It really means a lot to me.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard back from the vet re: her blood work from yesterday, and it appears that her BUN (blood urea nitrogen) level was a bit high. The BUN is a blood test that checks for indicators of kidney disease. The vet said she is certain it is probably just related to her diet or something, and for me not to be worried about it. I have a call into her today for her to call me.....will keep ya'll posted.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, just got off the phone with the vet. A normal BUN is 26 and Lizzie's was 34. She said that she could have possibly been slightly dehydrated when the blood was drawn. She said she is not worried about it at all and I could get it rechecked in 3 months if I wanted to. Uh, YEAH!!!

Gee -- Sydney had pancreatitis and elevated liver enzymes allllll her sweet little life. Now I've got a dog with a possible kidney problem?
Do I have "Care for the Sick Animals" tattooed on my forehead?? (I've also got a one-eyed guinea pig and another pig with Parkinson's who constantly shakes.)

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lizzie made it through the surgery uneventfully!!!
She'll be ready for pick up after 3:00 this afternoon. The vet just called and said she is curled up in a ball and sleeping -- I'd like to see that!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.