Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sisse is finally at her forever home. I have been so sick here lately and finally got up enough "get go" to get off the couch and post here! She is just perfect! We love her so much already, it feels as if she has been with us forever!! Trip to the Vet yesterday for shots, a MUCH NEEDED nail clipping and a good once over. The Vet said she had the best bite (teeth) she had seen in a long time. She weighed in at 3.7 lbs. She is just a lover!!
I told the Vet to be careful because Sisse can't "hold her licker", she bathes your face every time you pick her up (which is all the time). We know were the pee pad is but like to "sneak" off to do our big business. Just can't seem to get her to poo on the pad. And of course no outside until we've had all her shots!

She had a good bath and she absolutely hated it. It took the 2 of us to just keep her in the sink. I hope that will get better. She has terrible tear staining, I try to wash her face a couple times a day, but she will have NOTHING to do with it. I just hope in time she'll adjust to it. She is the same squirmy self when I try to brush her, and we won't even TALK about the blow dryer. I felt so bad putting her through so much in just 2 days, but it was all necessary.

She is eating like a little hog so no worries there although I have given her some Nutri-Cal before the Vet visit and bath time just to be on the safe side. She had a tough night the first night being in her "casita" as we call the crate. It was a hoot to hear Joe talking to her, "ok baby fluff butt, it's casita time". This is from a grown man!! Last night she took the casita all night without a whimper. LOL
We keep her on a bench at eye level next to the bed. She is fine as long as she sees you. All in all, we think she's a "keeper", she has already stolen our hearts, I will post some new pictures of her tonight as they are still in the camera and that is not my "domain", I'll wait for Joe to download them to the computer for me.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Yay! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well. Sounds like a very tight little family! Love that you're calling the crate the casita. Between your casita and Saltymalty's cabana our plain old "house" seems very dull. I'm going to have to come up with a cute name too. LOL

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Awww!! Sounds like Sisse is doing really well!!! I'm so excited about your new pup!!! She'll get used to all the grooming in no time! Don't forget the pictures!! :D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Great news!!! I love hearing all the details!

As far as her hating the bath, etc... they all do at first. I've heard that it is a good idea to get them used to it gradually; i.e., put her in the bath for a few seconds and then take her out. Have a treat available so she will associate being in the tub with something good. Then keep doing this and increase her time in the tub... you can also do this with grooming, etc.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The picture you see right now was when she was about 6 weeks old, we were having our bi-weekly "visitation" at the time. I will post some new pictures of her tonight. Sisse is 12 weeks old!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ohh, you're so lucky to have a new baby! That 6 weeks old picture is just adorable.....I love the Maltese puppy even though SOMEONE on the site compared them to a rat, I think they are precious.

Congratulations!

Sisse will adjust to bath, grooming, everything, with time. Just keep the upper hand mentally and she'll adjust to it. I used to be sooooo gentle with Pico because he was so tiny and my first toy dog. I am still gentle but I no longer treat him as though he is a house of cards and can't be touched!

·
Registered
522 Posts

I'm soooo glad Sisse is home! That's a shame that you got sick, that stinks. She sounds like a very healthy little girl. That's great that she's eating so well. Thanks for the details, don't forget we're all anxious to see pictures too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts