Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting down this morning holding Cosmo getting attacked with
kisses and yes even some nips on the finger and I was telling him what a
good little boy he was and how cute he is.........and then I started wondering
how can anyone abuse these little guys??? The THRIVE on our attention
and want to be affectionate and play and love. And they are soooo tiny
I just don't understand how someone could hit them or abuse them.

Yeah sometimes they get into mischief, or potty on our floors, and
some can be vocal. That's just part of puppy hood and can be taken care
of with PROPER training.

But to abuse a little guy/gal that is always following you around, smothering you
with kisses, laying at your feet or sleeping on your lap, I just don't understand
how some people can be sooo mean to them. Cosmo will even crawl up to my shoulder sometimes and snuggle up to my neck or cheek after he gives me his fair
amount of kisses of course.

I guess to me this will always be a mystery unless there is some way to get inside
the head of one of these abusers. But as for me and Cosmo, even though he is only 3 months old He KNOWS he is loved. He has complete trust in me and even though he chews on stuff once in a while that he isn't suppose to (mostly kids toys they don't pick up) or has accidents in the house, or even nips us once in awhile (I think it is just play biting) he is and will continue to be loved. There has
already been countless times that I just feel down in the dumps and all I have to do is pick him up or play with him or even give him a tummy rub and bye bye blues.

Ok sorry to ramble on again (ya all gonna think I' m long winded) but I just wanted
to share my little moment of utter enjoyment and puzzlement.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I totally and completely agree....how could anyone ever harm something that only wants to love you. Sad people.

I am with you...Teddy will only ever get love and kisses back at him.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Well said!! But just think... there are sickos out there who abuse new born babies, which also seems totally incomprehensible to me. Anyone who physically or verbally abuses any human or animal is scum and the lowest of the low.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree Kallie/Catcher's Mom the only reason I didn't mention
the skin newborn babies is because some times it is due to
hormonal inbalance and a lot of people don't realize it yet. But I do
agree it is wrong and just disgusting. If you are hurting your child
or furbaby seek medical attention. I guess some people just can't put 2 and 2
together.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
I had been discussing this with my husband for days after reading something disturbing about a little one being abused and neglected. I just don't get it. These little fur babies are so human like and they are sooooo helpless. All they want is our love. And they give it in return 100 fold with no strngs attached. They just want and need to be loved.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Sep 28 2005, 01:18 PM
Well said!! But just think... there are sickos out there who abuse new born babies, which also seems totally incomprehensible to me. Anyone who physically or verbally abuses any human or animal is scum and the lowest of the low.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104362
[/QUOTE]
Totally agree

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I think a lot of people abuse their pets for the same reason they abuse babies and older children, that they become overwelmed with the reality of pets or a child and aren't emotionally equipped to handle the feelings.

While hopefully most people plan to (or try to prevent) having a human child, so often pets are bought or adopted on a whim, the "doggie in the window" mentality. Then when the puppy pees all over the carpet and "refuses" to be housebroken, the owner gets angry at the puppy. (This is of my favorites: Always keep a rolled up newspaper around when you are housebreaking your puppy and hit YOURSELF over the head everytime she has an "accident" because it was your fault).

If you're not mentally prepared for the sacrafices you have to make when you take a pet into your home (foregoing that new pair of shoes, for instance, because your dog needs to go to the vet), you can start to resent him. Sadly, some people opt to take it out on the poor cat or dog who is not to blame for your poorly thought out decision.

It breaks my heart to hear stories like Naddie's of a sweet little thing that was punished for having accidents to the point she was afraid to potty and would just try to hold it.

In my perfect world, anyone who wanted to get a pet would have to go through the same rigorous screening as rescue groups do. Oh yes, and take a mental competancy test!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by lethalfire@Sep 28 2005, 01:30 PM
I agree Kallie/Catcher's Mom the only reason I didn't mention
the skin newborn babies is because some times it is due to
hormonal inbalance and a lot of people don't realize it yet.  But I do
agree it is wrong and just disgusting.  If you are hurting your child
or furbaby seek medical attention.  I guess some people just can't put 2 and 2
together.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104366
[/QUOTE]

I think on the newborns I was thinking of men! It seems like every time I read about an abused baby it is the boyfriend's fault!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts