Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Susan, Rocky and Tyler are almost exact in everything! Maybe they're twins!:wub:
Ouch :new_shocked: - I hope theiy're not twins since Rocky was just a year old and Tyler will be two in February. :w00t: That poor mommy would be a hurtin' pup for sure. :HistericalSmiley: But as far as size and looks - they are very similar and could be twins if not for birthin'. They're both so handsome.
I'm thinking you can guess when I read the subject line Size Matters, what I was thinking of! :HistericalSmiley: Not that I know anything about that.:blush:
Hey, I had to figure out some way to get people's attention. :whistle: Glad you like the real intention of the thread...sharing:)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Yes, I agree very handsome boys. My granddaughters will wear the same color as me and say, look grandma, we're twins!
I got your drift right away....shhhhh.:HistericalSmiley:

Ouch :new_shocked: - I hope theiy're not twins since Rocky was just a year old and Tyler will be two in February. :w00t: That poor mommy would be a hurtin' pup for sure. :HistericalSmiley: But as far as size and looks - they are very similar and could be twins if not for birthin'. They're both so handsome.

Hey, I had to figure out some way to get people's attention. :whistle: Glad you like the real intention of the thread...sharing:)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I would LOVE name suggestions! My last little girl was Dolly, who is now at the Rainbow Bridge. We have another older girl named Tiffany, who is decidedly my hubby's dog!

I believe that picture was taken less than a month ago, but I can't be positive. She is a cutie, isn't she? I'll put up pics when I get her home.

I have a countdown clock on my computer for when I get to pick her up LOL. less than nine days now!

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I would LOVE name suggestions! My last little girl was Dolly, who is now at the Rainbow Bridge. We have another older girl named Tiffany, who is decidedly my hubby's dog!

I believe that picture was taken less than a month ago, but I can't be positive. She is a cutie, isn't she? I'll put up pics when I get her home.

I have a countdown clock on my computer for when I get to pick her up LOL. less than nine days now!
Jackie - why don't you post in the Introduce yourself part of the forum and ask for name suggestions there so we don't go too far afield here:) Welcome!!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I thought I posted Bailey's measurements here already but not sure...so here they are again:

Neck: 10.5 - 11
Chest: 15
Length: He is 15.5-16 inches from collar to tail - very long! (he wears shirts that are 14 inches in length)
Weight 11.5 pounds
Normal Clothing Size: Small or Medium, depending on the brand

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Bump for those who missed this
Thanks for reminding me, Susan. :)
This was a great idea of yours.

I will quickly type the girls' measurements while they are unaware and playing.

Dog's Name: PARIS
Still growing or full grown: Full grown, allthough needs to fill out.
Clothes Size: Can very depending on make. Small or Medium
Neck: 10"
Length: 13" She is long bodied.
Chest: 13.5"
Weight: 7 pounds exactly.
Needs to gain weight, she is 1 year and 4mos old but still "lanky"

Dog's Name: Coco
Still growing or full grown: Full grown and very fluffy!
Clothes Size: Varies. Usually a small.
Neck: 10"
Length: 12"
Chest: 13"
Weight: 6.8 pounds currently. Prob be 7 eventually.

Dog's Name: Tucker
Still growing or full grown: Is only 12 weeks old!
Currently Tucker could shop in the squirrel department.
He should be between 4.5 and 5 pounds when grown.
His vet record shows 1 lb 14 oz at 10 weeks.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I don't remember reading this thread, if i did not sure why i didn't post

Dog's Name: Chloe
Still growing or full grown: Full grown
Clothes Size: Small (sometimes Medium)
Neck: 9"
Length: 11-11 1/2"
Chest: 14"
Weight: 6.5

Dog's Name: Noelle
Clothes Size: Small (sometimes XS)
Neck: 8"
Length: 11"
Chest: 12"
Weight: 5.6

Dog's Name: Reese
Clothes Size: Small (sometimes Medium)
Length: 11-11 1/2"
Chest: 14"
Weight: 7

It's so funny that Chloe and Reese's measurements are the same, they can share shirts and sweaters which is even better. :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm excited to say that Yeager got his first piece of clothing today :D
I can't find where my measuring tape is, so I improvised with my iPhone earphones and a ruler :)

Yeager's approximate measurements are:

Dog's Name: Yeager
Clothes Size: Small or Medium
Neck: 8.5"
Weight: 7 lbs

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sarah...Did Yeager have recent weight gain? That is a good weight that I would like to see Rocky at..he feels too thin to me, but the Vet says he's ok. I am trying to "fatten" him up to six or seven pounds. :HistericalSmiley:

I'm excited to say that Yeager got his first piece of clothing today :D
I can't find where my measuring tape is, so I improvised with my iPhone earphones and a ruler :)

Yeager's approximate measurements are:

Dog's Name: Yeager
Clothes Size: Small or Medium
Weight: 7 lbs

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sarah...Did Yeager have recent weight gain? That is a good weight that I would like to see Rocky at..he feels too thin to me, but the Vet says he's ok. I am trying to "fatten" him up to six or seven pounds. :HistericalSmiley:

Yes..he definitely did!! We've been going out less due to the rain, and he also got more treats for the holidays :w00t:

Rocky's frame seems to be smaller than Yeager's, from the measurements, and Yeager was 6 lbs last summer. I tried to "fatten" Yeager up before too :HistericalSmiley: My biggest worry when he was a baby was that he'd be too weak since he just didn't eat that much! I always thought he needed to be stronger to effectively fend himself against the other dogs at the park :innocent:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Rose & Lily's measurements...

Sue, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to do this. It is a great idea!!! Thank you.:wub:

Still growing or full grown: Rose and Lily both full grown
Clothes Size: Rose(XS-S), Lily(XXS-XS)
Length: Rose( 10") Lily(9")
Chest: Rose(11.5") Lily(11")
Weight: Rose(4.8) Lily(4.0)
Neck: Rose (7.5") Lily( 7")

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i thought i did this ....

dolce : FULL GROWN
length : about 9
neck :about 6
chest :about 9 1/2
weight :about 4.5

he wears xs and small , but the small is a bit on the bigger side.. things with leg holes need to be xs cause he comes out of them .lol

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Question:
When you measure the dog, do you measure the fur as well?? Yeager has about 2 inches of fur right now, so if I included his fur then the measurements would be:

Length: still 12"
Chest: 14" instead of 12"
Neck: 10" instead of 8"

So if I order clothes for him online I should go with the larger size if I don't want the clothes to be tight against his skin and making his fur puff out from the arms of the shirts lol?

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Question:
When you measure the dog, do you measure the fur as well?? Yeager has about 2 inches of fur right now, so if I included his fur then the measurements would be:

Length: still 12"
Chest: 14" instead of 12"
Neck: 10" instead of 8"

So if I order clothes for him online I should go with the larger size if I don't want the clothes to be tight against his skin and making his fur puff out from the arms of the shirts lol?
Sarah - I kind of do a mix -- not as wide as if I get all the volume of his hair but not skin tight so that the hair will make him too big to fit into things. Didn't put that well but I think you know what I mean. One thing is that not all sizes and manufacturers are created equal. Some are roomier; some are tights. I err on the side of things being a little big. So what size do you go with and how much does Yeager weigh?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sarah - I kind of do a mix -- not as wide as if I get all the volume of his hair but not skin tight so that the hair will make him too big to fit into things. Didn't put that well but I think you know what I mean. One thing is that not all sizes and manufacturers are created equal. Some are roomier; some are tights. I err on the side of things being a little big. So what size do you go with and how much does Yeager weigh?
Thanks Sue! I know exactly what you mean :) One of the websites that I was looking at is Barkin Dog Clothes with this sizing chart:

Toy-Neck 8-11 Inches, Chest 12-14,Length 9.
Small-Neck 10-13 inches, Chest 14-17,Length 12.

I think I will go with the Small to be safe. Yeager is between 6.5 and 7 lbs, and has to get size Medium at PetSmart.

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
BUMP - just figured we have some new members in the past few months and new Malts added to families so maybe they'd like to enter their fluff's sizes.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
London & Preston

Dog's Name: Preston, Male
Still growing or full grown: Full Grown
Clothes Size: Small - Medium (Chest measurement most important)
Length: 10"
Chest: 14.5"
Weight: 7.5 lbs

Dog's Name: London, Female
Still growing or full grown: Full Grown
Clothes Size: Small - Medium (Chest measurement most important)
Length: 10.5"
Chest: 14.5"
Weight: 7.5 lbs

I can't believe I missed this thread! This is a great idea! :happy:

41 - 60 of 95 Posts