Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I must be getting the winter blah's. We have been snowed in for the last week and a half. Can't go out so what else is there to do but shop on Ebay!!!!! Vinny is now 61/2 months and has stayed about the same size for a little bit now. His last checkup at just over 4 months he was 3.3lbs I have a hard time weighing him at home but I think he is about 41/2 pounds now. I would expect him to gain a bit more, but what about height and overall size. When did your dogs stop growing. Is it safe now to continue shopping. He has so many clothes now but I can't stop. He has 5 new outfits coming in and 2 more bags. A couple of the outfits are going to be close and one of the bags might not fit him for long but they were too cute to resist. I got these in last week


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Your little angle is too cute! I cannot answer your question because my puppy is almost 5 months and weighs maybe 3.5lbs. I think she'll get to be between 5 and 6 lbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,741 Posts
parker gained about a pound from when he was neutered at 6mo. i think they reach about 75% of their weight at six months..not exact when they really stop but around 8mo they are pretty much the weight they will be. of course this is diferent for larger dogs..they continue to grow past a yr sometimes.


your baby is adorable by the way!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
What a beauty! I think mine stopped "growing" at like 8 mos or so, but they kept on gaining weight afterwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,288 Posts
It depends on the lines. Mikey was done at 9 months. When looking at a pup from another line, the breeder said he would grow until 12 months as that line was slow to mature. Ask your breeder when that particular line tends to finish growing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Jan 25 2005, 10:58 PM
It depends on the lines. Mikey was done at 9 months. When looking at a pup from another line, the breeder said he would grow until 12 months as that line was slow to mature. Ask your breeder when that particular line tends to finish growing.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31536
[/QUOTE]
I agree... Kodie was done gainning weight at about 7 or 8 months. He only grew length wise after that. I thought you could get an idea from looking at the parents and the body structure of your dog?

BTW.. What cute pictures! It's addicting buying all those cute outifts!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,288 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Jan 26 2005, 09:52 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-JMM
@Jan 25 2005, 10:58 PM
It depends on the lines. Mikey was done at 9 months. When looking at a pup from another line, the breeder said he would grow until 12 months as that line was slow to mature. Ask your breeder when that particular line tends to finish growing.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31536
I agree... Kodie was done gainning weight at about 7 or 8 months. He only grew length wise after that. I thought you could get an idea from looking at the parents and the body structure of your dog?

BTW.. What cute pictures! It's addicting buying all those cute outifts!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31583
[/B][/QUOTE]

Body structure of the dog doesn't tell how big it will get, though a heavier boned dog will tend to weigh more and a lighter boned dog weigh less, the lighter boned dog may end up very up on leg and taller than a square heavy boned dog. It is individual variation. The trends in the pedigree for size are more telling than the parents themselves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by JMM+Jan 26 2005, 10:15 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 09:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-JMM
@Jan 25 2005, 10:58 PM
It depends on the lines. Mikey was done at 9 months. When looking at a pup from another line, the breeder said he would grow until 12 months as that line was slow to mature. Ask your breeder when that particular line tends to finish growing.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31536

I agree... Kodie was done gainning weight at about 7 or 8 months. He only grew length wise after that. I thought you could get an idea from looking at the parents and the body structure of your dog?

BTW.. What cute pictures! It's addicting buying all those cute outifts!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31583

[/QUOTE]

Body structure of the dog doesn't tell how big it will get, though a heavier boned dog will tend to weigh more and a lighter boned dog weigh less, the lighter boned dog may end up very up on leg and taller than a square heavy boned dog. It is individual variation. The trends in the pedigree for size are more telling than the parents themselves.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31600
[/B][/QUOTE]
Isnt the parents part of the trends in the pedigree?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
You know I am just about mad ,,,lol
You all have some cute outfits on ure babys...I trie ANY outfit,,and schatzi will fall on her side ,and play dead!!!!! Will not move not even for a treat!!!

yes its funny as heck but gezzzzzzz.....I want her to wear those cute things tooooooooooooooooo....... without her laying on her side playing dead ya know rofl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
I can't answer your question but I have to ask one of my own! I know you said you got those on ebay but what was the angel wings one called. I HAVE to have one for Fantasia!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by FannyMay@Jan 26 2005, 11:55 AM
I can't answer your question but I have to ask one of my own!  I know you said you got those on ebay but what was the angel wings one called.  I HAVE to have one for Fantasia!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31618
[/QUOTE]



I know I fell in love with it when I saw it listed. I will give you the link to the next auction ending, in pink? I just noticed someone else is selling these harness' but at double the price. I got a Medium so they will fit over his clothing, but still fits without, it is loose but its better that way for me, Vinny is 12" around his chest.

Pink Angel Harness

Good luck bidding!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
I dunno what size to get Kodie??? Kodie is 8" length and 10 1/2" chest and 3.3lbs at his max weight..sometimes he loses an ounce. lol. I would like to be able to have it on him with and without clothes. umm... anyone know of what size i should buy for the blue butterfly harness?? (I know my bf is gonna get mad that he gonna look girly... but who cares!
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Kodie@Jan 26 2005, 12:49 PM
I dunno what size to get Kodie???  Kodie is 8" length and 10 1/2" chest and 3.3lbs at his max weight..sometimes he loses an ounce. lol.  I would like to be able to have it on him with and without clothes.  umm... anyone know of what size i should buy for the blue butterfly harness?? (I know my bf is gonna get mad that he gonna look girly... but who cares! 
)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31641
[/QUOTE]

I think the small would fit Kodie, might be a little loose but you can tie another piece on the strap by the chest.

Small Blue Winged Harness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
I was just going to put a link to all that person's listings. I will do it anyway even though you gave one straight to the bule one because this listing has these blue and pink harnesses for buy it now prices just in case the bidding gets too high lol. I think I talked hubby into getting Fantasia one for her birthday. We will see. Anyway I think the buy it now prices are on the second page of this listing. http://stores.ebay.com/Shopping-Playground...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Happy bidding!

Oh yeah and Marj those shirts are so cute! But Fantasia really doesn't like clothes so she would get more use out of the harness. Even though she doesn't go outside often lol. That's how bad she doesn't like clothes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by FannyMay@Jan 26 2005, 01:05 PM
I was just going to put a link to all that person's listings.  I will do it anyway even though you gave one straight to the bule one because this listing has these blue and pink harnesses for buy it now prices just in case the bidding gets too high lol.  I think I talked hubby into getting Fantasia one for her birthday.  We will see.  Anyway I think the buy it now prices are on the second page of this listing.  http://stores.ebay.com/Shopping-Playground...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Happy bidding!

Oh yeah and Marj those shirts are so cute!  But Fantasia really doesn't like clothes so she would get more use out of the harness.  Even though she doesn't go outside often lol.  That's how bad she doesn't like clothes.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31649
[/QUOTE]


Vinny (thankfully) loves clothes, he knows that is when we are going out. BTW, for us Canadians, that lady with the harness' and stuff doesnt charge extra for shipping. I have gotten a few things from her and her shipping is very fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
I see on the M pink one it says "For dogs between the weight of 5 - 11 pounds.topline 10-12 inches.chest 11-14inches." I assume that means that's as big as they come, but Fantasia is only 8lbs and she is 15 inches topline and 15 inches chest. Man I have a big dog. I wonder if she still is 8lbs. She was the last time we checked. She is due for her anual in a couple months I guess I will see for sure then. If anyone sees this in a bigger size I would like it. I already got hubby to ok the order and now I can't get it cause it's too small. I am going to measure her again just in case but I have to find the tape measure first! I measured her last month and saved the measurments onto the computer for later refrence.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top