Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenji seems to sleep an awful lot. I'm wondering how long other dogs sleep during the day. Kenji will sleep at night and wake up later than me in the morning (past nine) if i let him sleep... and then sleep again right after the noon. Is he sick? He eats and has a good appetite... he loves to nap and hates getting up in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Count your Lucky Stars!!!! If he is acting fine otherwise I would not worry. Mention it to your VET but if he is active and playful when awake I would think it is normal for him. Ty seems to require less sleep than the normal puppy. He is up at 5:30 AM EVERY morning ready to go!!!!!!!!!! Just ONCE I'd like to sleep til 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suspect that like people dogs have different sleep habits and needs.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Abbey will take a couple hour long naps during the day. By 9:00 that evening she is wiped out and falls asleep and you cannot keep her awake!
She wakes every morning by 6:00 am. I wish she would sleep until 9:00!! 'cause mornings are hectic around here
with getting kids ready for school!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I wish Tucker would sleep til 9:00. At least on the weekends, since I have to be up by 6:00 during the week. He usually is up by 5:30 to 6:00 everyday. Although, I imagine he probably sleeps most of the day after we leave for work.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I think Paris sleeps most of the day. She gets up when I am home at lunch. She pretty much stays awake from the time I get off until bedtime...that is HER bedtime - which is usually around 9:00. If I'm not ready to go to bed then she will come lay on the couch until I go to bed. She sleeps all night and wakes up around 6:30 or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.