Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
793 Posts
I guess it would depend on the pup's personality. Day 1, my pup whined all night in his crate. Day 2, I tried the kitchen with a puppy gate (he could see me from the kitchen, I am in a studio) he whined ALL night. Day 3, he slept at the foot of my bed = very happy. He is also ok sleeping on the floor near me, but not confined.

The result is, we aren't getting potty trained very well. He goes on the pads, but we have accidents all over the apartment.

Also, once Max goes to sleep, usually about 9 pm. He can hold it all night till morning around 7ish. There was only one day he had to wake me up at 6 by licking my face, so I took him to his pad and he had to pee.

Does vineger and water work on neutralizing the urine so they don't smell it?? Some say it works and some say it doesn't. :new_Eyecrazy:

I did read though, if you don't teach them to be confined early, it will be VERY much harder later. They will cry louder and harder.

Hate hearing him wimper, too.

· Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by Sylphide and Shrek's Mom+Nov 9 2005, 12:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MaxMommy
@Nov 8 2005, 11:58 PM
The result is, we aren't getting potty trained very well.  He goes on the pads, but we have accidents all over the apartment. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118166
Maxmommy,

Have you tried the potty training spray that you spray on the pads so it makes the puppy know that is the spot to go? It really worked for us, and that is how we were able to pad train without confinement.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118180
[/B][/QUOTE]

I do have the liquid immitation pee that I put on the pads, and he does use the pads when I take him there or put the baby gate up in the kitchen. It's when he is playing around the apartment, I guess going to the kitchen is not convenient enough for him....because he won't go in there on his own....except to eat.

I will chalk it up to, he is still a baby at 11 weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.