Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses a slicker brush on their maltese and what for.

I was told never to use one by a friend who owns a Maltese so I have not bought one, but I see on here that some of you use them.

Thank you :thmbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
People have actually told me to get one for my malt but so far I use a pin brush (w/o the balls on the ends) and one of those tight combs with the long pointy handle at the end - I think they're both Madan? I bought them from one of the vendors here and I'm happy with the brush especially but I think it may be too big for my baby still...it's bigger than him (LOL) but I guess he'll grown into it. - BTW his hair is so fluffy after I brush it.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have a Chris Christensen slicker brush which I use on Lady's feet and legs since her coat is cottony there. Never use a slicker on a correct silk coat as it can break the hair.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't own a slicker and would never use a slicker on a Maltese or Yorkie coat. If you have a Maltese in a short puppy cut, then it probably won't matter if you use a slicker, but if you keep the hair longer, it can really wreck the coat. Plus those brushes hurt! I've used them on other dogs before and have sliced my skin a couple times on those slickers

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I use a CC slicker for feet...It is okay to use on a dog in a puppy cut. It will break the ends of the coat...which can make a dog in a puppy cut appear fluffier! I do that on purpose to one of my really silky coats in a puppy cut. Never for body coat on a dog in long coat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts