Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this was somewhat brought up in another thread and is something I do on one of my other websites, what does everyone think of a spoiledmaltese.com 2005 calendar, featuring Maltese from our members ? I would do this thru cafepress, I would choose 12, maybe more, maltese out of all the pics I would have submiited to an emal address, I would created the calendar and put it up for sale to all members for something like 20.00, i think the cost is around 15.00 for each, I would take the profits from each calendar and split it between SM and AMR as a donation to help with rescues, the SM split would just go into my paypal to help with hosting costs, I pay over 1000.00 per year in hosting for this site and a few others, so a few ectra $ would help towards that

what I would need...

is digital pictures emailed to me in the highest resolution possible from your digi, I would pic 1 for each month and create a collage with the remainder for the cover of the calendar

this would probably not be ready until the first or second week of January, I am working on one now for another of my sites that I already have hundreds of emails and pics to narrow down to 12

right now I just want opinions, no pics, I would like to hear ideas and get a guage of participation before I commit to it, so lets hear it?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 8 2004, 08:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Joe
@Dec 8 2004, 08:11 PM
ok, this was somewhat brought up in another thread and is something I do on one of my other websites, what does everyone think of a spoiledmaltese.com 2005 calendar, featuring Maltese from our members ? I would do this thru cafepress, I would choose 12, maybe more, maltese out of all the pics I would have submiited to an emal address, I would created the calendar and put it up for sale to all members for something like 20.00, i think the cost is around 15.00 for each, I would take the profits from each calendar and split it between SM and AMR as a donation to help with rescues, the SM split would just go into my paypal to help with hosting costs, I pay over 1000.00 per year in hosting for this site and a few others, so a few ectra $ would help towards that

what I would need...

is digital pictures emailed to me in the highest resolution possible from your digi, I would pic 1 for each month and create a collage with the remainder for the cover of the calendar

this would probably not be ready until the first or second week of January, I am working on one now for another of my sites that I already have hundreds of emails and pics to narrow down to 12

right now I just want opinions, no pics, I would like to hear ideas and get a guage of participation before I commit to it, so lets hear it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21466
Sounds like a great idea to me.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21471
[/B][/QUOTE]
sounds good

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would love it. To bad Lacey just got her hair cut. Mom (me) tried cutting it myself. Hair does grow out? LOL I am hoping by Christmas she will be fluffy again, but I don't think so. I had to cut alot of hair around her ears...ear infection medication that just made a mess.

Love the idea. I would purchase and maybe next year submit a picture.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I love the idea. I would love to contribute, except, I would want it to wait until spring when I can take outdoor pictures of my babies! That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Nichole@Dec 8 2004, 11:35 PM
That sounds like a great idea.  I would totally buy one.  Anything to keep this site up and going--I am addicted!

P.S. Does it have to be digital pics or can it be a scanned pic?  (I know I know, I am still in the dark ages and have no digital camera, but I did ask for one for Christmas!)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21532
[/QUOTE]

it can be scanned, the main thing is the ability to email it to me

I would want it to wait until spring when I can take outdoor pictures of my babies! That's just my opinion.[/B]
then the calendar would be 4 months old :eek: :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT idea to me! I'd buy one in a second! All of your babies are so cute, i'd be honored to have them hanging on my wall!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Dec 9 2004, 12:07 AM
Joe, considering that time is relative anyway, why do we HAVE to have a calendar that starts in January?  Why not have one from May 2005 to May 2006?  That would give us all time to try and take the best possible pictures of our kids to send in.  Plus, people who just had their dogs get a shorter cut for winter clothes would have time to let the hair grow longer if they wanted.  That would give you more time to set it all up.  It doesn't have to be a traditional calendar so long as we get Maltese in all the seasons.  :D  Oh, and you might want to limit us on how many pictures we are allowed to submit.  I could easily send a hundred and I doubt I'm the only one. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21538
[/QUOTE]

yes a limit of 3-5 pics would be in place for sure
time may be realitive but cafepress only offers a jan to dec calendar, and for those unfamiliar with CP all I have to do is upload the pics and add the caledar to our store, they handle the printing, shipping, billing, everything and its quality stuff, sooo, i am limited to what thwey offer, they have other things we could add a Sm logo too, shirts, sweaters, mugs, bears, underwear, mouse pads, clocks, etc

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Dec 9 2004, 12:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DMZ dogs
@Dec 9 2004, 12:07 AM
Joe, considering that time is relative anyway, why do we HAVE to have a calendar that starts in January?  Why not have one from May 2005 to May 2006?  That would give us all time to try and take the best possible pictures of our kids to send in.  Plus, people who just had their dogs get a shorter cut for winter clothes would have time to let the hair grow longer if they wanted.  That would give you more time to set it all up.  It doesn't have to be a traditional calendar so long as we get Maltese in all the seasons.  :D  Oh, and you might want to limit us on how many pictures we are allowed to submit.  I could easily send a hundred and I doubt I'm the only one. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21538

yes a limit of 3-5 pics would be in place for sure
time may be realitive but cafepress only offers a jan to dec calendar, and for those unfamiliar with CP all I have to do is upload the pics and add the caledar to our store, they handle the printing, shipping, billing, everything and its quality stuff, sooo, i am limited to what thwey offer, they have other things we could add a Sm logo too, shirts, sweaters, mugs, bears, underwear, mouse pads, clocks, etc
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=21542
[/B][/QUOTE]

COOL!!!!!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Dec 9 2004, 12:15 AM
[/QUOTE]

how about if i design the calendar???

and i can just design a May 2005- June 2006 calendar

(i study graphic design, im not good tho)

i could design the calendar and give u the file, and u could add the photos or smething, and just send it out to the printers

i dunno, just another suggestion

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Dec 8 2004, 11:15 PM
i am limited to what thwey offer, they have other things we could add a Sm logo too, shirts, sweaters, mugs, bears, underwear, mouse pads, clocks, etc
[/QUOTE]

They have dog t-shirts! We should do a spoiled maltese.com t-shirt for the furbabies.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
we did this at the vet school...and they had so many good pics they had to make collages...i entered my cats pic that i took (pre parker) and they made june! some pets made their own page if they were exceptional. it was a great idea to me...unfortunately the only people that bought one at the school was those that made it, so they didnt make much money...but we are poor struggling vet students. im all for it. but maybe it should be made to see next year....how can u possible get all the pics and have them made for january?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would buy one too! My husband just asked me the other day if AMR was going to do a calendar. He figured no because PMR (Sharon) usually did the calendar and she had to shut down PMR. We were sad that this year we wouldn't get a calendar with our babies picture in it.
I do have a couple of suggestions too though. Of course you don't have to use my suggestions, that's why they are suggestions lol. Anyway...

1. I think a Jan-Dec calendar is the best and the one that I would buy.

2. Why does it have to be only one dog per month? We could have 4-6 dogs per month and that way more people can get their dogs into the calendar and not be offended if their dog didn't make the cut (I would think my baby wasn't cute enough if she didn't make it in lol)

3. AMR also had a smaller picture of everyone's dog on their birthday. Like Fantasia's birthday is Feb. 2nd so in the month of Feb. there was a tiny picture of Fantasia on the 2nd day of the month (right in the day's little box). That would be nice so we know when everyone's dog's birthdays are (even though we know form this web site too) and you could do more than one picture of each dog. One big picture for the month and a different smaller picture for the day. The dog doesn't have to be on their month either. Like Fantasia's big picture wouldn't have to be in Feb. it could be in May or something.

4. And here is a seperate suggestion for all your other ideas! You should have an online store! (AMR had an online store.) Then you can sell shirts, mugs, calendars, and whatever else you want to make money to keep this site up and running (and donate some to rescue if you want). You could even have a part of the store where you can email a picture of your dog and have it put on a shirt, mug or even a post card or card or something. Then you can have special made things or just genaric ones. Like a shirt with a genaric Maltese on it, or the option (for a little more money) to have a special made shirt with YOUR Maltese on it!

Again these are just ideas and you don't have to use them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts