Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to ban or block these spammers from SM? One now and then we just ignore but it has gotten so much worse. The forum is a mess.:angry: Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
These are spambots - not people posting but computer programmes people made to spam places like forums.

On a forum I used to moderate on we would just delete them as soon as they were placed and ban the account. There were enough moderators that were regular posters to catch and delete the spam pretty much as soon as it appeared so it wasn't left there for hours or even days annoying people, clogging up the forum and left for someone who didn't know any better to click on the links and possibly cause harm to their computer. From what I know SM doesn't have any mods now only admin who aren't very regular posters and not online much? Sorry if I am wrong but that's what I see.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Orla, you nailed it, girlfriend. NOBODY (moderator, I mean) is here anymore. I wish they'd allow someone to moderate here again. We need it bad.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Yeah, I think SM needs a few moderators - even one would be great but obviously one person can't be online most of the day - this forum needs a few people to keep an eye on spam etc and be able to remove it as soon as it appears.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Yung must be away on vacation or maybe had a family emergency but it poses a problem for the forum whatever the case is. I hate how it has turned into just a business now. Just being honest.

I also agree that we need a few forum mods...between having a few mods, even posts on the weekend could be removed which would be great.

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
I was thinking Yung must be on vacation too. But his light is on and it shows him as being online. Maybe he's working on it right now. I can't take it anymore, so I think I'll go bake a cake!

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
The reason i joined is even with the things we do not like about this forum its the people that through the years i got to know ..Yes i go on FB but when push came to shove and Baci was sick or if someone on here's fluff was sick or went to the bridge we were there not to mention the rescue's that this group help save..This group is like no other even with the bumps
Kathy xo

·
Premium Member
23,998 Posts
The reason i joined is even with the things we do not like about this forum its the people that through the years i got to know ..Yes i go on FB but when push came to shove and Baci was sick or if someone on here's fluff was sick or went to the bridge we were there not to mention the rescue's that this group help save..This group is like no other even with the bumps
Kathy xo
I couldn't agree more. This is home and extended family to me. :heart::heart: FB is just another social media site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts