Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are leaving early in the morning and I probably won't check back in until Sunday!!! Everyone have a GREAT Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Good luck to all those dieters!!! I know I am going to need it!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww tuffy is smiling!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 23 2004, 09:27 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Be safe for those of you traveling.

For those of you planning on spending the holiday with family, it certainly can be stressful.  I just read an article in Reader's Digest about how to avoid the stress that family brings on--check it out if you have the time. 

Mystify79--I love the picture!  Toby and Wally have the same turkey.  I couldn't believe that Toby could actually pick it up--it is kinda heavy.  Where did you get yours?  I got mine from King Wholesale for a couple of bucks.  I just love that site!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18276
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
I will be traveling about 10 hours each way AND I plan for the family thing to be somewhat stressful!
I am SO looking forward to seeing my nephew and my new niece!!!!! But, NOT looking forward to the drama with my parents and the world!

Anyway-take care everyone!!!

BTW-Tuffy's picture is PRECIOUS!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 23 2004, 09:27 PM
Mystify79--I love the picture!  Toby and Wally have the same turkey.  I couldn't believe that Toby could actually pick it up--it is kinda heavy.  Where did you get yours?  I got mine from King Wholesale for a couple of bucks.  I just love that site!
[/QUOTE]

I did get that turkey from King Wholesale! It's such an awesome site! Tuffy loves to pick it up and toss it around the house and it's probably his biggest, heaviest toy. :lol:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 23 2004, 09:07 PM
Traci--I don't know what your family situtation is, but maybe I can help a bit (I am certified i n conflict analysis).  One way to start is to ask yourself, "What do I want out of this holiday?"  If your answer is something as simple as, "A holiday with no conflict," then the answer lies within yourself.  One way to approach this is to be passive-aggressive.  This is a tactic that is not highly recommended for conflict, however, for brief interactions where you feel it is a lose-lose situtation, then go for it. 

There are many ways to approach your situtation, but not knowing it, it is hard to give advice.  I suggest the passive agressive approach as a general "band-aid" for the hoilday.  However, you must keep yourself and your family at the forefront and if things get to bad, I suggest taking a time out.  Whether that be stepping out of the room or going for a walk--it can save your sanity and at the sametime not bring more hostility to the situtation. 

Hope that helps some.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18281
[/QUOTE]

That's great advice. I remember somebody trying sooooo freakin hard to try to get me to do something. I kept saying no, and they kept on and on and on. It was annoying and frustrating. I finally said something like "when's your flight," totally changing the subject and her request ended instantly.
I like to stay pretty passive about things. I know my dinner will be great...but if it did turn for the worst and I can't help it...I'm going to drink myself happy! hahah But I have to say, Nicole's advice is much better. LOL

TLUNN--you sure you don't want me to babysit? lol

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Well, we're getting ready for Turkey Day around here, too. My sister and her family are coming from Atlanta and it will be the first time my nephews will have met Catcher. I hope both he and Kallie are "good"! They will love the attention from my 17-year-old niece and 20-and-22-year-old nephews.

I gave Catcher a bath tonight. The first time he has been bathed at home. I haven't bathed a dog since my dearly departed Rosebud about 10 years ago. I had gotten the Pet Silk to give to my groomer but just couldn't resist trying it. It is very nice stuff... smells wonderful. It took me probably 1/2 hour to get Catcher dry. He has a ton of hair and it isn't real silky. Also, it was weird seeing him wet. There was nothing to him.. just so tiny... yet with all his hair he has a "big" presence.

Anyway, a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..... Try to appreciate and enjoy your family now...... you are lucky to have them..... and will surely miss them when they are gone.....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by DMZ dogs@Nov 23 2004, 10:58 PM
Holy crap!  Does Tuffy model professionally or something??!!?!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18305
[/QUOTE]
LOL!!
I wish he did and then he could start paying for some of his treats & goodies!!!

Originally posted by Kodie@Nov 23 2004, 10:57 PM
Tuffy is such a sweetie!!!!!!!! 
  Cute Picture!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18302
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by Lani@Nov 23 2004, 11:03 PM
Tuffy looks great!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18307
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Nov 23 2004, 08:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nichole
@Nov 23 2004, 09:27 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Be safe for those of you traveling.

For those of you planning on spending the holiday with family, it certainly can be stressful.  I just read an article in Reader's Digest about how to avoid the stress that family brings on--check it out if you have the time. 

Thanks!
I will be traveling about 10 hours each way AND I plan for the family thing to be somewhat stressful!
I am SO looking forward to seeing my nephew and my new niece!!!!! But, NOT looking forward to the drama with my parents and the world!

Anyway-take care everyone!!!

BTW-Tuffy's picture is PRECIOUS!!!!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18279
[/B][/QUOTE]
Aww Congrats on the new niece...how exciting! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts