Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one tried the smart trim by the makers of greenies? i was wondering if it was as wonderful as they make it seem
link

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
parker isnt too bad with his nails, but i do file them afterwards and i wanted to eliminate a step....but my mother has trouble trimming her yorkie's nails b/c they are black and i thought this would be perfect, but i want to make sure it works
i have seen them on other pet supply sites for cheaper, so if n e one gets it, shop around first!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kingwholesale has it on sale for 16.99 so i guess i will be the guinea pig(well parker) and buy it.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok i got my new smart trim nail trimmer in! i tried it out and i like it. it was a little different than i expected..thought it grinded and trimmed at the same time but it doesnt. here are some pics to help me explain.:

the white part inside the cut end goes up and down as you adjust the knob on the opposite end, this prevents you from cutting to far. you also dont have to worry as you cut b/c you know you cant go to far.

this is the grinding end...it has to areas you can grind. the nice feature about it is if u push too hard, it stops the spinning. prevents you from hurting your pooch.

i tried it out on parker. it was much faster than the nail trimmings we normally go through. i didnt have to watch carefully as i cut b/c i trusted i had it set to the proper debth. then i turned on the grinder. i thought he would freak but he didnt. it filed his nails so much faster than our old method of just a normal nail file. he didnt budge! i was excited. i thought i had wasted my money until i tried it. so i would def. recommend this product. but it does make noise, so buyer beware. if u have ne other questions, feel free to ask!
this concludes my review LOL

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah they feel smooth..u basically file the rough edges off. the file makes the same amount of noise as my electric clipper. of course my electric clipper was advertised as being quiet. it basically makes a vibrating noise.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
i wish there was a way to post a sound file on here cause i would so everyone could hear it

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
not hard at all u can make it to where it just takes the tips off...u use a coin to turn the dial.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.