Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off...I LOATHE SNOW.
dislike it w/ a passion. That being said, the local weather people are saying it is possible to get up to 10 inches of the white stuff by tomorrow night. Of ALL the days...why today?! I have THREE appointments today...and I don't want to reschedule two of them...one is the chiropractor and the other is a hair appointment for my son. Those are hard to come by..esp the hair appt b/c sonny is 12 and it's tough to get HIM to want a hair cut. Can someone please TAKE THIS SNOW away!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I hear you. I'm not a huge fan of snow either... I won't mind it as much today as Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My boyfriend plows during the winter as a side job and this year (our first Christmas Eve/Day we can actually spend together) may be torn apart because of the snow storm.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you should move here(valencia, ca). the last time it snowed here was in 1986 and i think it was 2 inches and they had to close the school and all the roads. lol. it DOES GET FREEZING THOUGH.......like a couple of months ago...it was 30 degrees Farenheit during the night. i hated it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Dec 22 2004, 09:00 AM
you should move here(valencia, ca).  the last time it snowed here was in 1986 and i think it was 2 inches and they had to close the school and all the roads.  lol.  it DOES GET FREEZING THOUGH.......like a couple of months ago...it was 30 degrees Farenheit during the night.  i hated it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24866
[/QUOTE]

Some place out west got snow a couple of years ago. I remember reading about it. It was only a couple of inches but everything was shut down because they didn't even have snow plows. No one had snow shovels. I grew up in the midwest. As much as I hate winter I can't imagine not having snow.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL, yeah, it was Watts!!

whats sucky is that they're really poor. even on ABC Extreme Home makeover they did a house in that area. and they even talked about the flood that they had there too.

but yeah, that was really weird.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
30?!
It's going to be -3 for Christmas morning here
you are welcome to come on over

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
We got snowed on today too... Luckily it's only going to be 2-4 inches around here and will be gone by Saturday and Sunday so I won't have to drive in that mess to work. Phew.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it doesnt snow here in Louisiana either....but we have the possibility of some snow for xmas morning and i'm excited...but they say it will barely cover the ground. if it does happen...it will be my first white xmas...even though it wont be really white heheh

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Well, if you don't like snow then I would like to extend a heartfelt invitation to move to South Mississippi. We're halfway between Mobile and New Orleans, on the Gulf of Mexico, and it snows about 1/2 inch every 10 years. I never even wore a coat a single day last winter. On the other hand, you'd better like heat and humidity. I rarely see a Maltese so we'd love some northern kids to move down south. LOL

·
Registered
49 Posts
YUK YUK I also do not like snow except to look at it on the mountain tops. I lived in upstate New York for 50 years. Finally, we moved to San Diego Ca. It will be sunny and 75 degrees on Christmas. It truly is paradise. I really empathise with you..where do you live? My daughter still lives in upstate New York, and they won't have a "WHITE CHRISTMAS" THIS YEAR. Len

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 22 2004, 12:04 PM
Well, if you don't like snow then I would like to extend a heartfelt invitation to move to South Mississippi.  We're halfway between Mobile and New Orleans, on the Gulf of Mexico, and it snows about 1/2 inch every 10 years.  I never even wore a coat a single day last winter.  On the other hand, you'd better like heat and humidity.  I rarely see a Maltese so we'd love some northern kids to move down south.  LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24894
[/QUOTE]

I LOVE the Gulf area!! We vacation in Gulf Shores. My husband's company has a management position open in the Mobile area...I begged him to apply...ha ha... I wonder how Brinkley would like the beach/sand...he he.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I had my way we'd live in the south...but I have a hubby w/ his entire family who live in this little bitty town! I live in Indiana for whoever asked. At this point we have 8 inches of the white stuff

btw, we vacation in Panama City Beach every year in the fall...I love the Gulf!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have enough for EVERYONE ...please, come take some...we are nearly up to 17 inches... :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 22 2004, 10:10 PM
I have enough for EVERYONE ...please, come take some...we are nearly up to 17 inches... :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25018
[/QUOTE]

:eek: That is ALOT! They told us 2-4 inches of snow and it has SLEETED all DAY!!! We have probably an inch of SLEET balls instead of snow. We are supposed to get more snow tonight, but we'll see!!!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aww, you just got a few flurries!
we got about 20 inches
I have a sick kitty as well, but thanks to Lady Montava, I now know it is not life threatening. Please, all take care and be careful in the weather you are getting. We don't have to go anywhere today (though I wish I could ...I would love to get kitty to the vet).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts