Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been let down 3 or 4 times already with hops of snow that amounted to nothing, so this time i didnt get my hopes up and it snowed
i love snow
here are some pics, the last one of course is the patch i shoveled for Sampson and Maggie, as i mentioned in another thread they WONT use it, it has to be their spot even if all you can see is a head and tail :D

our new car

where the pet beds are made...

our other 2 cars and the church across the street...

and the patch i almost gave myself a heart attack shoveling that the King and Queen wont use...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What a beautiful snow!
Jealous!!!

I guess we got ours during Christmas break when we were already out of school...we have spring break in three weeks, it will probably snow then too!
I LOVE snow days out of school!!!
Nothing better than hearing the name of our school come across the tv and curling back up on the couch....hot chocolate with the kids...playing outside...snow angels...
I want SNOW!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Beautiful to look at, but I live in Tucson for a reason......NO SNOW!! If we want it we drive 45 minutes up the mountain and can play for the day or ski, only to come down in the afternoon and put the t-shirts back on!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
We have shoveled too many patches in vain this winter....our puppy just wants to romp in the snow. Even today, after I picked her up from her spay, she saw snow and got all excited. The doctor told me that I shouldn't take her out today, and that I should buy grass scented puppy pads. Well, that was a waste of $9! She didn't want anything to do with going inside, so I relented after 6.5 hours and took her outside. Fortunately, she didn't romp at all and got right down to business.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Feb 28 2005, 05:08 PM
Boy we don't see any of that here in California unless we head for the mountains-but usually to crowded...I miss Oklahoma we had it when I lived there.....its beautiful! Your pups are so lucky!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38601
[/QUOTE]

I used to live in Oklahoma...
What area are you from?

I am from the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Feb 28 2005, 03:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@Feb 28 2005, 05:08 PM
Boy we don't see any of that here in California unless we head for the mountains-but usually to crowded...I miss Oklahoma we had it when I lived there.....its beautiful! Your pups are so lucky!!

What area are you from?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38614
[/B][/QUOTE]
My brother lives in Tulsa now..most of my relatives are in Sand Springs-I do have a Uncle living in Ten Killer Lake--I went to school in Sand Springs--I love it there and try to get back as much as possible. My grandma was a full blooded Choctaw indian!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom+Feb 28 2005, 06:41 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@Feb 28 2005, 05:08 PM

What area are you from?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38614

[/QUOTE]
My brother lives in Tulsa now..most of my relatives are in Sand Springs-I do have a Uncle living in Ten Killer Lake--I went to school in Sand Springs--I love it there and try to get back as much as possible. My grandma was a full blooded Choctaw indian!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38649
[/B][/QUOTE]

COOL! I graduated from Broken Arrow High School!!!
My family all still lives there!
My parents, sister and her family in Broken Arrow.
My grandparents live in Inola.
I have all kinds of other cousins etc. living around there too!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Do you go there much? I remember we would play Broken Arrow in High School football games.... do you miss it-or are you glad to be outta there? I really love it -my dad had a farm in Cushing for quite a few years and we could go back as much as we could when our kids were small...they have some great memories there-we were pretty upset when he sold it.
Wow a fellow okie! ..

Oh yes!..and my grandpa owed a "resort" ha ha... in Wister...alot of good memories there when we were kids.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Feb 28 2005, 07:36 PM
Do you go there much? I remember we would play Broken Arrow in High School football games.... do you miss it-or are you glad to be outta there? I really love it -my dad had a farm in Cushing for quite a few years and we could go back as much as we could when our kids were small...they have some great memories there-we were pretty upset when he sold it. 
  Wow a fellow okie!  ..  

Oh yes!..and my grandpa owed a "resort" ha ha... in Wister...alot of good memories there when we were kids.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38690
[/QUOTE]

We vacationed at Lake Wister one year...in some cabins by the lake! Loved that vacation...

I DO love where I am from...although I have now made this my "home"! I used to call Oklahoma "going home"- now I call it "going to visit"...

We usually get back there 1-4 times a year...like I said, my family is still there...and I still keep in touch with my best friend from highschool.

Cool that we are even from the same general area!
I think northeast Oklahoma is beautiful...

PS: I got Brinkley from a breeder in Oklahoma last summer... :D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Wow--I wonder if that was my grandfathers place where you vacationed!! I have no idea if its still there or not--but we had a blast there as kids-we were able to stay in a cabin all by ourselves (myself and my cousins).

When I was looking for a puppy I did check Oklahoma-thought maybe we could have a great excuse to go back!! My Aunt breeds (or use to) Mini-schanuzers there.

Wow this is so neat! Yes Northeastern Ok. is beautiful-my husband was so surprised the first time we went back because he thought it would be ugly.
He loves it now too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.