Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to say anything for the past few days ... because so many of our precious fluff's have not been feeling well ... and, I didn't want to add on another thread. However, I am asking for prayers for Snowball now.:(

I have felt that it was time for Snowball to get a check-up, so I made an appointment for Snowball to see Dr. Krisi next Tuesday. I have been worried because for two months this winter I kept Snowball off the Revolution ... only because whatever meds he has taken for heartworm, etc ... he seems to have a reaction afterwards ... usually itching. With the Frontline and Heartguard ... he had tummy problems, too. In the meantime, I learned that, for some reason, a lot of dogs in this area have come down with parasites. :( So, then I started to worry that might happen to Snowball ... thus, part of the reason for the appointment next week.

In the meantime ...

The past few days I've noticed that Snowball seemed uncomfortable about something. Every once in a while, for instance ... he would go over to the potty pad and circle, then look up at me, and leave the pad without doing anything. Although it was in the back of my mind to keep an eye on this ... I didn't worry too much ... because he has been peeing and making his regular poopies every day.

Today though, I was alarmed to see that he has hot spots all over ... under his neck, and on his back by his hind leg, etc. The one on his back looks irritated, for sure. I brush him every day and check for hot spots. There had been a few little ones under his neck for the past two days, so we put some ointment on them. However, this escalated out of nowhere today with hot spots all over! To the point, that Snowball started to growl at Felix when he tried to touch him.:( When that happned ... I called the vet's office right away because it was a big sign that Snowball was feeling some kind of pain or discomfort.

Well, today the vet's office is booked full. So, in order to see Snowball, he had to be admitted as an emergency at the vet's office, in order to make sure he is seen today.

I feel so bad because I had to let Felix take Snowball to the office without me. :( I don't want to go into detail about myself ... but, my MS prevented me from going with them.

So, poor Snowball is there now without us. They will phone us after they see what is going on.

To make matters worse ... Dr. Krisi is off today. I could have called her at home ... but, I really don't want to bother her unless it is a true blue emergency. And, I do trust the other doctors.

So, please say prayers for Snowball that it is nothing serious. I am kind of worried because he started licking his penie a lot too ... and, he just doesn't do that a lot. It's as though something is bothering him there or in the anal area. I am so worried and upset. If anything, I expect him to come home with one of those cones on his head. Oh, dear. I just want him back home so that I can comfort and cuddle him.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Oh Marie, i'm so sorry to hear about Snowball. I hope that the vets can figure out what is going on and make him comfortable. Rest assured that prayers are being said at this very moment for Snowball and also for you. :grouphug::prayer::grouphug: Hugs and love to you.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Marie - oh no. I'm so sorry that Snowball isn't feeling well. I wonder if the peeing or rather not peeing thing could be a UTI and he's really uncomfortable and itching a lot because of that. Have no idea but glad that Felix is getting him in. Any way you can be on the cell speaker phone with Felix and the doctor and hear what's going on? Just a thought. I'm sending prayers for Snowball that they have an easy fix and Snowball will be home soon.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Oh no!!! Marie, I am SO sorry to hear this! I know you mentioned when we talked over the phone that Snowball had a hotspot and was feeling a little bit off so you were going to take him to the vet. Wasn't he sniffling a little bit too? I had him in my thoughts and was going to call you to check on him after your appointment. I'm SO sorry he's feeling worse today and had to be admitted to the vet clinic! I know Dr. Krisi will be back tomorrow so maybe you could call her then? Is Dr. Strickland seeing Snowball today? Please try not to worry...I'm sure precious Snowball will be okay. Please take care of yourself...and remember Marie, I am close by so if you need ANYTHING, don't hesitate to call me at all! I know you have Felix, but if you need any extra help, please call me! You have been such a blessing to us while Bailey has been sick so I would love to help in any way I can. Please keep us updated on what the vet says today. Lots of prayers being said.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Oh no, so sorry to hear about Snowball. Hopefully it's something that is easily fixed or treated. I will definitely send prayers his way and yours too. I know how hard it is to leave your baby at the vet. Please let us know when you hear something.

Hugs,
Debbie

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Oh Marie, I'm so sorry to hear about little Snowball! Send my best wishes and prayers to you and him!

Don't blame yourself you couldn't go with him to the vet! I'm sure he'll feel that you're close to him!!!

Hugs,
Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Oh NOoooo!!!! Sending prayers to little Snowball, he must be so uncomfortable and now away from his mom too!!! How upsetting.

I hope the doctors can get to the root of what's happening so he can clear up.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Ahh poor snowball and poor you having this worry over him. be assured that your baby is in prayers that this is an 'easy-fix' and that he'll be back home with you in no time! .... and feeling better!

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Oh no Marie. Poor little Snowball. I will keep him in my thoughts. Hoping he is feeling better in no time!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Oh NO Marie. I hate that Snowball is going through this. Please know I"m thinking of him and praying that he is better and back home soon. Sweet lil guy.....please get better soon!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Oh, Marie, I'm so sad to read this. Poor Snowball must be miserable. I'm sending lots of prayers that he's better very soon.

And, I'm worried about you too. This stress is so bad for your MS. I worry about your health, especially when Snowball isn't well. Sending lots of prayers for you too.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
oh man , not our poor snowballl .. hoping and praying its nothing serious , i know u must be beside urself w worry but lets just pray .. please keep us posted .

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Sending out prayers and hugs to you and Snowball! These little fluffs really can make us panic, can't they? Please keep us updated!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts