Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowball is allowed to go to my physical therapy appointments with me. Of course, everyone loves him (well, sometime back there was just one woman who was an a**h*** with what she did ... I'll have to share that story sometime)

Anyway, most of the time Felix sits with Snowball in their comfy reception area while I get my treatments. Yesterday, there was another patient there with his dog, Storm. I have to say, that except for one other dog that I know, these are the only two big dogs that I would trust 100% to be right next to to Snowball.

I asked the gentleman, who was scheduled to finish his treatments before me ... if I could pet his dog. Oh, my goodness!!! Storm, his beautiful dog, is sooooooo loving! Storm came up to me and put his nose on my nose ... and then kissed me!!! :wub::wub: Then Storm very gently put his big paw over my hand. :wub::wub: I wish this whole experience could have been videotaped. I must have spent five minutes with Storm ... he was that affectionate. :wub::wub:

I asked Storm's daddy if he would mind if my husband, Felix, could try and take a picture of Storm with Snowball. Snowball tends to be shy around bigger dogs, so I wasn't sure how it would go. I was still getting therapy when Snowball met Storm.

Snowball was not shaking, but, he did want to shy away. You will see that in the pictures. However, I think it was a good experience for Snowball ... because one of the therapists and the receptionist said Storm was so gentle and loving when he was there with Snowball. And, Snowball was not in a panic. Otherwise, Felix knows when we should pick Snowball up.

Here are the pictures of Snowball and Storm ...

Snowball looks very hesitant, but, he really was fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Snowball is so tiny next to Storm, he does look a bit nervous, but glad to hear that he did ok. What a beautiful dog Storm is, my friend has a White Golden Retriever also named Marley.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh the second picture is so precious. It is a good experience for Snowball and Storm is beautiful as well. My two as pups were very leary of Becky, who was much larger then they were at the time, but now they cry for her.

I am so glad they let Snowball come with you and get lots of loving. That is so wonderful.

I love the second pic. so much.

Hugs to you, and prayers that you feel better really soon.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh my goodness, Storm is a big dog compared to Snowball. He reminds me a little of Nanci's Bigzie. The pictures are precious!!! He sound so loving~~~

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Snowball does look like he’s a little apprehensive of that gentle-giant across from him . . .

OMGoodness Marie, you’re just like me - I can’t and (Don’t) ever leave my kidz home alone - they are in the house if I’m in the yard, but never, ever home alone.

I have had the same lady for 22 years living-in with us (G-d help me if anything ever happens to her) her sole purpose is to keep an eye on the kidz when we're away - I know, I need therapy! :blush:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
What a sweet story. As both Lacie and Tilly grew up with Nellie (our 85 lb black lab), they are not as hesitant of big dogs as I wish they were. Nellie is soooooooooooooo gentle with them, but not all big dogs know to be.

I think that labs and goldens (Storm looks like he is a golden) seem to be very gentle souls.

I hope you are feeling better and am anxious to hear what you learn from your tests.

Snowball -- you're such a sweetheart!!!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Storm is such a gentle giant. He should be a therapy dog, Marie. That's so nice that Snowball gets to go to therapy with you. I'm sure that even though Snowball is in the reception area with your husband, it makes you feel better knowing there both there. Hugs to you and I hope you're feeling better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts