Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you heard about Snowball, the little Maltese (maybe a mix) who has been separated from his owner by Katrina?

It is a heartbreaking story. His boy was boarding a bus to who knows where, clutching little Snowball. A police officer had to physically take Snowball away from his boy. The boy was crying so hard, screaming "Snowball, Snowball" that he threw up.

No one knows where the boy or Snowball ended up, but Snowball has become the poster dog for the pets lost due to Katrina. Reward money has been posted for Snowball, rescue groups like bestfriends.org are searching for him, even a website has been devoted to finding Snowball.

http://www.snowballschance.org/

Here is a picture from the website:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I was physically sick knowing this happened....but I purposely did not look at the pictures on the TV because I knew I would be overcome with horror. I had no idea that this little one was a maltese....how tragic because as we all know these little ones are like babies. I pray that this has a happy ending...with everyone looking so hard for this little one...there just has to be.

I did not want to come on this link, but was hoping that it was good news about the boy and his puppy back together...please dear God let this happen soon.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are saying a Maltese or Bichon, but it is astonishing how many people don't know what a Maltese looks like.

This picture is from another website, a possible "Snowball sighting", but the dog is officially listed as a Chinese crested!

It just breaks my heart. I can't imagine being in that situation, being forced to leave pets behind.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Chinese crested?!?!?! WTH!!! That looks nothing like a Chinese crested!

This is a Chinese crested:

How are people supposed to locate their lost dogs if they are not even being listed correctly? If you had a maltese and were searching for it would you think to look at the Chinese crested listing? It would be so easy to miss it.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
That is just horrible
Is that the same story about the little white dog chasing after the bus?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
From what I watched last night on our local news a lot of people stayed because of their pets werent allowed, isnt that discrimination? I was so glad to hear one of our local ships, the USS Tortuga is down there now and allowing pets on board. They used supplies on their ship to make kennels and have rescued dogs, cats, and even a few birds. They are feeding people, giving them medical attention, and letting them stay on the ship and sleep as long as the ship is there.
It is heart breaking that they boy couldnt bring his dog. I hope Snowball is okay and if someone did take her in, I hope they have a heart enough to give her back to her owner. I personally could never leave without Rex (who technically is my daughters dog). The little boy needs his Snowball back!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
This story makes me physically ill.
I can't hardly stand it. I would be even worse if I had heard before now that the dog chased after the bus...that thought is killing me even more.
I just hope Snowball and his boy are reunited soon...I can't even imagine. My stomach turns thinking about it.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a heartbreaking picture of Snowball beside the bus. Being a mom, I cannot imagine how traumatized this little 5 year old boy must be having to leave his dog behind. I pray they find Snowball.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I keep expecting good news...and now I am sitting at my desk a complete wreck...please when the good news comes....start a new thread...I can't continue to come on and see this, as I am physically sick over it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 7 2005, 10:43 AM
This is a heartbreaking picture of Snowball beside the bus. Being a mom, I cannot imagine how traumatized this little 5 year old boy must be having to leave his dog behind. I pray they find Snowball.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97511
[/QUOTE]

That picture did me in too...I can't stand it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
It's so horrible I can't understand how they can do that. I mean you survive this horrible tragedy with whole family and then they take one member away. Don’t they thing people have gone though enough? How do they think this is ok? For some people there pets are all they have left.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Oh my that picture is heartbreaking!!! That poor boy and the poor little doggy. That is horrible making those people leaving behind their poor pets. They should just let them bring their pets along on the bus. I couldn't even imagine being in that situation. Now they aren't even giving them a choice, they have to leave. I'm crying just looking at that picture. I could never leave my baby behind

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh gosh I am about to cry sitting here at my desk.. this is killing me seeing that picture. I guess I can never live in a hurricane area because I could not leave my babies no matter what. The authorities would have to just kill me, I guess because I would not leave without them.

Snowball's story and all of the many other pet stories are just too heartbreaking for words.

·
Registered
178 Posts
oh my God, this is just too much, I am just crying here on my desk, that picture just broke my heart, just think what that poor little doggie is feeling, and the poor kid, I am sorry but I cant continue typing....

·
Registered
188 Posts
:new_Eyecrazy: That picture makes me nuts!!! and can you imagine the family on the bus... how their heart must've torn apart. I hope they and all families, skin and fur, will be reunited in good health.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I wish I had not seen that picture at the bus. you know... That picture is just breaking my heart. I cannot get it out of my head and it is making me sooooooooo sad.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Sep 7 2005, 12:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Sep 7 2005, 10:43 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97511

That picture did me in too...I can't stand it.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97523
[/B][/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Sep 7 2005, 04:11 PM
I wish I had not seen that picture at the bus. you know... That picture is just breaking my heart. I cannot get it out of my head and it is making me sooooooooo sad.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97559
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
831 Posts
I found the video snowball video
Apparently there are organizations looking for the dog and the family.

This is just horrible

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.