Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Sorry, im not sure if im putting this in the right place but I am so mad right now i just need to vent! Can someone please tell me who these (im trying really hard not to say idiots) are??

In the last year ive seen them pictured on various US magazines and ive seen they have shows on the E channel - thankfully in the UK they are pretty much unknown other than these shows and one or two interviews when they usually go on about their weight, baby weight loss or what good role models they are??:unsure::huh:

Anyway, I happened to come into the living room yesterday and there was a tiny baby maltese on tv. So naturally I stopped to have a look - this was when I realised it was ‘’keeping up with the kardashians’’ and they seemed to be in a pet shop - I rewound a little and found out the mother had taken the 2 younger kids to the pet shop to buy a dog! :angry::mad:The fact that they had done this upset me enough but seeing the 2 tiny Maltese was just heart breaking!

They don’t sell dogs in pet stores here, although I know a fair bit about it happening in america and other countries and that they all tend to be puppy mill, poor bred sick babies. It was called ‘posh puppy’ which I later googled and omg ive never seen anything so horrible in my life :( So many different tiny breeds in glass cages and tanks? All glamorised up with hair clips and a tone of ‘cute’ accessories

I couldn’t believe that so called ‘role model, celebrities’ would be stupid enough to go and buy from a pet store? Esp when they already had another dog. They didn’t even know what kind of dog they were buying!! But as the mother said... ''every little girls wants a cute white puppy to play with'' (i could honestly feel my blood pressure going up whe i heard that!) :thmbdn::smmadder::smmadder: I know its something that happens in life every day but it was just so upsetting seeing it. :smcry:

Ok, rant over- sorry!! but id still like to know who are they!?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Sorry- but people like this, are way too trashy for me. What gets me, is that a lot of these people have had so many opportunities and advantages to actually obtain an education (other than the Hollywood bar scene type) yet they've chosen to forgo that and become famous for all the wrong reasons.

Clearly there's a market for it though, or it wouldn't be on TV. I equate it to the modern day "jerry springer" only with a bigger expense account. So if they're in a pet shop buying a puppy, I"m not surprised...it's only one aspect of them being uneducated.

PS- I think the main person became famous via a sex tape and was friends with Paris Hilton- so really that is all you need to know (about what sort of people they are). jmo.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
This whole thing is annoying!!

Talking about Celebrities and dogs (maltese specifically), I find this maltese backyard breeder disturbing because the breeder is using Miley Cyrus' name (I am sure Miley didn't know better when she decided to get her fluff from them) to promote her maltese puppies, get the attention from potential maltese owners to consider getting their next malt from them --> making more people get their maltese from them - She sure is succeeding in getting people's attention to purchase from her.

again, the whole thing is annoying and very hard to prevent.

Kat

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
This whole thing is annoying!!

Talking about Celebrities and dogs (maltese specifically), I find this maltese backyard breeder disturbing because the breeder is using Miley Cyrus' name (I am sure Miley didn't know better when she decided to get her fluff from them) to promote her maltese puppies, get the attention from potential maltese owners to consider getting their next malt from them --> making more people get their maltese from them - She sure is succeeding in getting people's attention to purchase from her.

again, the whole thing is annoying and very hard to prevent.

Kat
I remember being on that "breeders" website before I got Milo - they claim to have bred so many "celeb malts" like Miley's, Eva Longoria's, Halle Berry's and many more. Think they might be lying - why would nearly so many celebs go to them?:blink:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I remember being on that "breeders" website before I got Milo - they claim to have bred so many "celeb malts" like Miley's, Eva Longoria's, Halle Berry's and many more. Think they might be lying - why would nearly so many celebs go to them?:blink:
I am not sure about the rest, but Miley's Sophie (maltipoo) is from them - that I am sure of.

They not only breed maltese. According to them: "We have THE HAPPIEST PUPPIES ON EARTH CA/NY (USA) Teacup Toy Maltese Maltipoo Maltepoo Morkie Yorktese Yorkiepoo Poodle Puppies". :angry: and on top of that all, people ARE interested in getting their dogs!!!!

I contacted them before asking if they test their malts, do careful homework before breeding...etc and then telling them my opinion about breeding breeding and breeding without doing health tests, not caring about breeding within the standard (and in their case, breeding two different breeds together), and on top of that promote and increase the amount of people who aren't aware of BYB..... the next thing I knew, I was blocked .. it is really very hard to prevent.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I can't stand the Kardashians- I don't know much about them- I'm judging the book by it's cover, so to speak.(And I really try not to do that) They are not role models! They are just eye candy plants so to speak for some poor unsuspecting soul! Ok off soap box.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
The Kardashin's became famous because of Kim. Their father died of cancer he was one of the lead attorney's on the OJ Simpson case. Kris the Mom then married Olympic Gold Medal winner Bruce Jenner.

Now the 3 sisters are in the limelight. They have the most messed up relationships in history. I wouldn't want that televised! Ryan Seacrest is the producer of The Kardashin's. More info then you wanted to know right....LOL

·
Registered
847 Posts
I can totally understand where you're coming from. It's bad that they have so much by way of resources, yet are still so uneducated that they choose to go to a PET SHOP for their pup. BUT, what's WORSE (imo) is that the producers decided that would be a good part of their day to put into the show. They could've easily made the decision to forgo that whole part, and instead, glorified pet shop puppies. Role models or not, they certainly are idolized and watched by MANY young girls.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Celebrities are not role models. They are entertainers that misguided people idolize for the wrong reasons.
This is so true. And I be shocked if these folks even know about puppymills or getting a pup from a reputable breeder. Fame and money doesn't always equate to knowledge and education. Which makes it twice as sad, as because they do have a platform (people will hear them when they have something to say), boy they could do wonders in educating the public about puppy mills and lend a huge hand in having them shut down.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
<sigh> sadly my 22 yr old is "in" to them. Livie's getting locked away at 10,lol

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for filling me in on who they are guys. I know you shouldn’t judge but I hadn’t thought a lot of them when I saw them in the magazines and after seeing that little bit of them on tv I think even less. Ugh. Just hope their show doesn’t catch on here!!! :(

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Pseudo-celebs! A small glimpse into their...character? personality? - when the one daughter Kim was dating Reggie Bush (big time football player here) they were seen at some of the upscale local restaurants dining together and in large groups - some friends who were dining at the same time(s) told me they spent the whole time texting on their phones never once looking at each other!!! I just found that to be so obnoxious!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you sounds very wise! the rubbish they put on now its not worth watching most of it anyway! I just dont see why these people even get TV shows? I had seen the advert for whatever their other show is and all it was was 2 girls in bikinis on a beach and then hitting on some guy??? erm - yes - great tv im sure!!!!(either that or im a very old 25 year old lol)

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Celebrities can be morons. I know not nice to say but I use dto do a trade show called th eInternational Toy Fair in NY. It's a huge international toy,game trade show set up at the Javits for toy stores and doll shops and gift shops would go to se the latest products,games toys and so on.
I made art dolls so that's where many doll artists set up to sell. Celebs would come to see the latest plus they also go to be courted as sponsors for the latest toys or gadgets.
So the place would be crawling w/ celebs,like Marie Osmond, Demi Moore,Bill Cosby,you name them,they were there. These people are so clueless,you wonder how they ever functioned on their own before fame. They're completely insulated from the real world and real people and real issues. They're basically herded around by a multitude of handlers who do their bidding...

Kardashians,one of them is married to Bruce Jenner,former Olympic track star? These people are like freaks,reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith when she had her show. All these reality shows seem to follow this format,Osborns ,Gene Simmons,talk about dysfunction.....
I swear to be a celeb,part of the Faustian deal is to have your brain sucked out..... not all celebs but it sure seems like most....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts