Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the Eukabana dog show this weekend and the Director of Comminucations from the AKC wwas being interviewed and they showed a little poll that they did around town.. did you all know that:

at 1 human year and dog is 16 in dog years
at 2 human years a dog is 24 in dog years
at 3 human years a dog is 30 in dog years and you add five for ever year after that???

Where did the old "7 years" come from?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I saw th edog show too. My hubby and I always thought that it was 7yrs per 1human year.

so our dogs get to be 90years +? :wacko:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
has anybody read the book "How to speak dog" ??

i bought it like 4 years ago and it is really a good book for ppl that wants to understand the dogs mind..how they think, how they communicate to humans but we dont understand them and misinterrept them..

i was very fascinated with the book and learning how they communicate and i never saw my dog the same way as i did before..my parents always teased me coz i was buying so many books on how to understand my parents dog (before i had jongee) and they would be like "ok, what is she saying now? i thought u could talk to her" :ph34r:

its not a book for dog training tho..its just to help u understand how dogs communicate

anywayz, if anybody is interested, heres the url how to speak dog at Amazon..

:lol:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i got 'how to speak dog' for my birthday. i totally plan on reading it...after i finish "the amber spyglass". i cant read more than one book at a time----i get confused.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
OH OH!!! I have a REALLY messed up story. my cousin, who is "normal", was 16 yrs old....threw a temper tantrum and peed in the HALLWAY!!!

the only reason we found out is because my uncle was there. my aunt never told us!! lol. i'd be ashamed too :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I'm surprised by this.... my vet had a sign up for a while regarding age as compared with humans and it was quite different depending on the size of the dog. For toy breeds the actual age of the dog was much less in human years than with a large breed.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
7 is just an average...it varies b/w breeds and where they are in development. they just say 7 to make it simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts