Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh!! i am so mad right now. i took l.e. to a new groomer because we moved and her regular groomer is about a half an hour away. well, i should have known better. i looked at her nails and they cut so far up that i can see blood! :eek:
i've cut her nails before and never even came close to cutting that high. i am so upset because couldn't she get an infection? should i put something on them? they aren't bleeding, so maybe they already put that powder stuff on them to stop the bleeding.

i will never be going back there again!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Ouch! Poor Ellie! Is she limping or favoring her feet?

If they aren't bleeding there really isn't anything you can do but wait until they grow back.

Gives me the shivers to think about it. Nothing worse than a too short nail.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom@Sep 13 2005, 10:51 AM
Ouch! Poor Ellie! Is she limping or favoring her feet?

If they aren't bleeding there really isn't anything you can do but wait until they grow back.

Gives me the shivers to think about it. Nothing worse than a too short nail.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99224
[/QUOTE]

my mom went and checked on her and said that she wasn't limping or anything...just happy to be home. i think i'm going to call the groomer and let them know that this isn't ok. especially after it cost $55 for a bath and a cut. my other groomer charges $30...well worth the drive for l.e.'s sake and the money.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Msloke@Sep 13 2005, 10:57 AM
That's scary.  I cringe when I think what happens with a dog with black nails. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99229
[/QUOTE]

i know!! l.e.'s nails are as clear as can be too! and i know l.e. isn't a skwormer either because the other groomer in petaluma says she does great and hardly moves.

my parents' neighbors go to this groomer and she has dark nails. i'm going to tell them not to go back because they're probably cutting her nails too short too.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Poor Ellie, I'm so sorry the new groomer didn't work out, I had to try a new groomer this week too, and I know how stressful it was to even try a new one, much less have to deal with this too, hope they grow out really soon

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Sep 13 2005, 11:18 AM
Poor Ellie, I'm so sorry the new groomer didn't work out, I had to try a new groomer this week too, and I know how stressful it was to even try a new one, much less have to deal with this too, hope they grow out really soon
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99238
[/QUOTE]

thank you! how was your experince at the new groomer?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by elliesmomie+Sep 13 2005, 01:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-bellasmommy
@Sep 13 2005, 11:18 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99238

thank you! how was your experince at the new groomer?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99247
[/B][/QUOTE]

It went great
Bella and Harley seemed happy when I picked them up and they were playing, so they must have felt really comfortable there too! They looked wonderful, so I coudn't be happier. I'll probably stay nervous about the new groomer for awhile, because I'm a worrier, but so far so good.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by elliesmomie+Sep 13 2005, 01:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Msloke
@Sep 13 2005, 10:57 AM
That's scary.  I cringe when I think what happens with a dog with black nails.  

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99229

i know!! l.e.'s nails are as clear as can be too! and i know l.e. isn't a skwormer either because the other groomer in petaluma says she does great and hardly moves.

my parents' neighbors go to this groomer and she has dark nails. i'm going to tell them not to go back because they're probably cutting her nails too short too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99231
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ellie is absoluetly adorable what a face!!
i hope she is ok you would know if she was uncomfortable and if you see no blood it should be fine but definetly call the groomer

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you all!!
i think she's fine, but i'm going to check on her in a little while. i'm at work and she's staying at my parents' house just minutes away. i hope for the groomers sake that she's ok, because they are going to hear an earful if not!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Oh poor little baby.
I would call the establishment and place a formal complaint. No, actually I would probably go in person. It is not ok for these kinds of things to happen.

A word to hopefully make you feel a little better. If the groomer had put powder in a bleeding nail you would be able to see it. It would look kinda cakey if that makes sense. When trimming nails you can actually go up enough to see what looks like a hole (like the top of a straw) but not far enough to get blood. It sounds like the groomer pushed the envelope just far enough to not actually get blood but almost. What is it they say....missed it by a gnats a$$ If you can see blood the nails were cut a little too short whether they actually bled or not. I would just watch her and they should grown enough to not bother her in just a few days. Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 13 2005, 04:28 PM
Oh poor little baby.
  I would call the establishment and place a formal complaint. No, actually I would probably go in person. It is not ok for these kinds of things to happen.

A word to hopefully make you feel a little better. If the groomer had put powder in a bleeding nail you would be able to see it. It would look kinda cakey if that makes sense. When trimming nails you can actually go up enough to see what looks like a hole (like the top of a straw) but not far enough to get blood. It sounds like the groomer pushed the envelope just far enough to not actually get blood but almost. What is it they say....missed it by a gnats a$$ If you can see blood the nails were cut a little too short whether they actually bled or not. I would just watch her and they should grown enough to not bother her in just a few days. Hope this information helps.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99348
[/QUOTE]

thank you... that does make me feel much better! i haven't had time to call the groomer today, but i think i might just go down there in person.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Bless her heart, hope she's okay.

I think if you have a groomer that does a great job, I would keep them. Even if I had to drive an hour. Come to think of it, I drive 40 mins to a groomer.

I don't allow them to cut Puddles nails or pluck the hair out of ears. My vet is open late on Monday nights and they take us as a walk in. Trim nails and pluck hairs $10.00. And the spoiled boy always leaves with 2 greenies. I have done this, since he had an ear infection and the vet said the ears has to much hair.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh dear, poor baby. I hope it doesn't put her off in the future. I read that even if it hurts, they'll not make any complain or they could be spotted by enemies (in the wild), it's dog nature. So, just because they're not complaining, doesn't mean we can do anything cruel to them! And a groomer should know better!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts